UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » M2 riders beware!!!!

Old 26-02-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
jimbo696

M2 riders beware!!!!

A mate of mine just got done for speeding on the M2 clocked at just over 90 mph..so, be warned.... I don't have any more details yet of where exactly....
Old 26-02-2009, 11:49 AM   #2
jimbo696

I just found out it wasn't a static/hand held camera of any sort it was a traffic cop in a Volvo, he got caught just after the Bluebell Hill jct..
Old 26-02-2009, 12:37 PM   #3
Mand

Well he was doing over 90mph....

the secret, apparently, is not getting caught.
Old 26-02-2009, 03:01 PM   #4
jimbo696

Yes; I am not condoning it...but an awful lot of drivers/riders sit at 90 on a m'way.... not me personally...
Old 26-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #5
Ducmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo696 View Post
Yes; I am not condoning it...but an awful lot of drivers/riders sit at 90 on a m'way.... not me personally...
Are you admitting to going faster than 100 then.
Old 26-02-2009, 03:10 PM   #6
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
If he got caught by a marked car maybe he wasn't paying sufficient attention?
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 03:13 PM   #7
Mand

Quote:
Very true and I do over and above my fair share of motorway driving/biking I can tell you and I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination

You take your chance, you pay the price.
Old 26-02-2009, 09:03 PM   #8
Will

Quote:
A mate of mine just got done for speeding on the M2 clocked at just over 90 mph..so, be warned.... I don't have any more details yet of where exactly....
Uesful info - I'm often going down the M2 to see a friend in' Planet Thanet' and sometimes make significant progress if I am late
Old 27-02-2009, 08:27 AM   #9
jimbo696

He told me he accelerated from the slip road and didn't see the car.... the mirrors on his bike are so bad that you can't see anything..

For the record, I am a speed limit +10% +2 mph man.... I hate the thought of getting a ticket...
Old 27-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #10
Lucati

Gatzo!

On the subject of tickets.... I got caught by a Gatzo coming through a tunnel near Isle of Dogs on my way back from the MCN motorbike show doing approx 39ish in a 30 (would have been slightly more but I saw the camera at the last minute and took emergency measures!) It did the double flash thing and i've been waiting ever since for the ticket - how long before I can breathe easy?

Luke
Old 27-02-2009, 11:52 AM   #11
Steveo

More on the subject of speeding tickets, a few of us went on the Mayday run last year and all got tickets for doing around 55 in a 40. Yes, speeding we were but not riding like inconsiderate nutters. We weren't caught by fixed camera's, or those in the back of vans, or those hiding behind hedges in laybys but we were all 'done' by cameras fixed to unmarked bikes!!!!

So the rozzers can have fun day riding their bikes taking shots of the rest of us....

Who says we live in a Police State?!!

A lesson for this year if anyone plans to go down the A21 to Hastings on Mayday.....
Old 27-02-2009, 12:03 PM   #12
steeevvvooo

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucati View Post
On the subject of tickets.... I got caught by a Gatzo coming through a tunnel near Isle of Dogs on my way back from the MCN motorbike show doing approx 39ish in a 30 (would have been slightly more but I saw the camera at the last minute and took emergency measures!) It did the double flash thing and i've been waiting ever since for the ticket - how long before I can breathe easy?

Luke
Don't take this as gospel, but I think it's 14 days?
steeevvvooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #13
jimbo696

Lucati; As far as I know they have to have the NIP letter post marked within 28 days of the offence..
Old 27-02-2009, 03:30 PM   #14
cairojay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucati View Post

Luke
It's really down to luck these days....sometimes there's no film in the camera as so many people get caught in a short space of time or there's such a backlog that the system overloads and you - so fingers crossed for you!
Old 27-02-2009, 05:11 PM   #15
retskcid

Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
If he got caught by a marked car maybe he wasn't paying sufficient attention?
Premusably it was unmarked? I am aware of unmarked police Volvos in this area.