UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » For Sale » Ducati Monster M900 for sale

Old 24-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #1
FLATTOP

Ducati Monster M900 for sale

Well after much thought over the last few weeks i have decided to sell my Monster i love this Bike but Mrs Flattop wants to come touring and she looks at the rear seat on the Monster and just laughs, i belong to a local MCC and there are some long trips here and abroad coming up and she wants some comfort, in an ideal world i would keep it and get a touring Bike but what we have decided on is rather expensive so here we go.

Ducati Monster 1998 carbie one owner before myself who only put 1050 miles on the bike it now has 3972 miles i have owned it just over a year, when i bought it oils and fluids were changed as were plugs and filters it also had a brand new battery the belts were also changed in March 2012 so will need changing again March 2014 as it is no way going to exceed 12000miles before i sell it.

It has a brand new MOT till Feb 2014 and also taxed till September it is almost original no tail chop the only mods it has are 30mm risers which for myself made it a much more comfortable ride also low slung Bos carbon exhausts which sound great, almost new standard cans included there is a huge weight difference between the Bos and standard and i have a carbon open clutch cover, standard will be included, i have just recently completely stripped the clutch plates and steels and cleaned them all and replaced the fluid,tyres are in good condition with reasonable miles left on them dunlops front and rear.

Bad points this in my opinion is the only thing that lets the bike down and would be changed if i was to keep it the rear shock absorber, which works perfectly but the yellow paint is peeling off, as before i purchased it,it sat in a garage in humid conditions the rear hangers are a bit scabby as is a little bit at the back of the engine just being honest from the start.

This Bike is garaged at all times and is never ridden in the rain and if it does get wet its because the weatherman lied i used it all last season with no problems on 200 mile plus round trips, i would love it to stay in this club as i think this is where it should belong.

It is not advertised anywhere else at the moment but if i have no interest after a week it will go on evilbay i forgot to mention it is also data tagged,i have an agreed valuation with Peter James classic Bike insurance of £2500 so that is the price i am looking for which i think is fair,i believe you would be hard pushed to find one as original as this with this mileage thanks for reading.

Pm me and and i will send you my mobile number for any more info,i am on here most days.

Cheers Bill.

Last edited by FLATTOP; 26-03-2013 at 03:13 PM..
Old 24-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #2
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
That's a nice bike

Ped
Old 24-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Sorry to hear you have decided to sell the Monster.Having seen your bike, I can only say its a great bike, worth every penny.
Best of luck with the sale.

What are you looking at instead?
Old 24-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #4
FLATTOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
That's a nice bike

Ped
Thanks Ped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Sorry to hear you have decided to sell the Monster.Having seen your bike, I can only say its a great bike, worth every penny.
Best of luck with the sale.

What are you looking at instead?
Thanks Grumpy its looking like i might have to go to the naughty corner for a while after loads of research i have finally narrowed it down to a BMW R1200RT i used to own Boxers years ago and i love the low centre of gravity and great handling and its the ideal touring bike, i would love to keep the Monster but the BMWs are not cheap so its going to be a decent deposit but i am sure i will own another Monster one day there just too much fun not to

Last edited by FLATTOP; 24-03-2013 at 06:11 PM..
Old 25-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #5
He11cat

I have two euromillions tickets to check ..... don't hold out any hope as the most I have ever won is £4.25
Old 25-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #6
Scott1

I remember this from the tunnel run last year, its in great condition and sounds very fruity, exactly how a Monster should, if I had the spare dosh I'd have it in a heart beat.
Old 25-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #7
FLATTOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by He11cat View Post

I have two euromillions tickets to check ..... don't hold out any hope as the most I have ever won is £4.25
Hellcat if anyone needed a 900 you do to make up the collection and you get your dry clutch as well lol.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott1 View Post
I remember this from the tunnel run last year, its in great condition and sounds very fruity, exactly how a Monster should, if I had the spare dosh I'd have it in a heart beat.
Cheers Scott thanks for the comments that was a nice noisy day fruity is a good way to describe it lol..i will never forget how we all came out of the aldwych tunnel and joined up with the others coming down the slip road perfection.
Old 26-03-2013, 03:01 AM   #8
Wasta

Bike: M900
Nice looking Monster you have there. On the touring front, I got this last month...

Give one a test ride, very smooth and more poke than the 'R'
Old 26-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #9
Dookbob

That is one really nice Beamer.
Old 26-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #10
Headhunter
THFC

Bike: M620ie
Hey Flattop,

Just in case, given cloth in first photo, the 5th pic down shows your reg number.

Good luck with the sale and looks very nice, imo.

Sir Winston Churchill
Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #11
FLATTOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headhunter View Post
Hey Flattop,

Just in case, given cloth in first photo, the 5th pic down shows your reg number.

Good luck with the sale and looks very nice, imo.
Cheers Headhunter i did notice it but i erased the plate via photo bucket but when i reposted plate kept showing i would blame the pc but its probably me cheers anyway
Old 26-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #12
FLATTOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasta View Post
Nice looking Monster you have there. On the touring front, I got this last month...

Give one a test ride, very smooth and more poke than the 'R'
That is a lovely bit of kit i was looking at them and the RTs at the weekend just gone but the weather was a shocker give it a couple of weeks and i reckon test rides will be on the cards.
Old 26-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #13
He11cat

I couldn't afford 3 monsters!!!! 2 is killing me !!!
I'd keep 400
And sell 600.
I suspect I would eventually buy a 900 .
Yours is lovely .
Old 26-03-2013, 05:57 PM   #14
FLATTOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by He11cat View Post
I couldn't afford 3 monsters!!!! 2 is killing me !!!
I'd keep 400
And sell 600.
I suspect I would eventually buy a 900 .
Yours is lovely .
Cheers Mel, i notice you come from Sproughton thats near Ipswich i believe, i sold a 1987 bright yellow Vfr 750 to a girl about 18 months ago up there.
Old 27-03-2013, 05:09 AM   #15
Wasta

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLATTOP View Post
That is a lovely bit of kit i was looking at them and the RTs at the weekend just gone but the weather was a shocker give it a couple of weeks and i reckon test rides will be on the cards.
I got the SE varient, it has all the kit minus a stereo. I was suprised how well it handles for a barge, I'm wanting to take mrs wasta around Europe this summer, if she doesn't enjoy it I'll sell her on...Mrs wasta, not the bike.