UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hello New member. 620ie help needed please.

Old 24-04-2006, 06:19 PM   #16
Ingie

Just a pic of my bike.

Old 24-04-2006, 06:23 PM   #17
ricky
5ft 3 of perfection!!

Bike: M620
nice colour!!

drunk:
Northern Irelands answer to common sense-NORTHERN IRELAND REP!!
ricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2006, 06:27 PM   #18
ricky
5ft 3 of perfection!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingie
It is an official Ducati dealer who were very helpful.
It was just an oversight or my not understanding what i should have done regarding the servicing.
It's obviously my first bike.
Don't want to have to sell it and buy Japenese but it has no power and not safe to overtake anything.
Also can't touch the floor on any other 600 !!!!!!

How are they restricted ???
the restrictor kit consists of just 2 big washers!! I know coz i paid £160 to have them fitted at a dealers then paid a mate feck all to take them out!! And as for not havin power, i went out with my mates 1 on a 600 bandit the other on a R6 and i was with them the whole time!! And we certainly didnt go slow!!

drunk:
Old 24-04-2006, 06:39 PM   #19
Ingie

Ricky

Where are the washers placed when fitted ?
Had the paint done before I got it.
Old 24-04-2006, 06:52 PM   #20
ricky
5ft 3 of perfection!!

Quote:
Ricky

Where are the washers placed when fitted ?
Had the paint done before I got it.
mmmm now you've got me, im not very mechanicly minded!! i think its on the exhausts outlets or something im sure someone else will be along in a min to make me look stupid!! my bike had little miles on it aswell not so long ago, just remember to take it easy for the 1st 1000 or so when you are able to that is!!!!

drunk:
Old 24-04-2006, 06:53 PM   #21
Gilps

I think that Ricky is talking about the carb'ed model, yours has fuel injection. I believe that the restriction on your bike is done by limiting how far the throttle will turn. If you bought your bike from new you would know if it was restricted as the dealer would have told you. It is something that you have to specify when you order the bike.
Old 24-04-2006, 06:57 PM   #22
ricky
5ft 3 of perfection!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilps
I think that Ricky is talking about the carb'ed model, yours has fuel injection. I believe that the restriction on your bike is done by limiting how far the throttle will turn. If you bought your bike from new you would know if it was restricted as the dealer would have told you. It is something that you have to specify when you order the bike.
soz mate but mines the exact same bike!! my throttle went all the way round but revs didnt!! i have the big washers in my pocket!! it definetly something to do with them. but im certain thats not whats is wrong with your bike!!

drunk:
Old 24-04-2006, 07:02 PM   #23
Gilps

Sorry Ricky for casting aspertions. I know on carb'ed bikes they put a couple of rubber washers inside the inlet ports to restrict flow, that's what I thought you meant. The dealer showed me an S2r with restriction and he said they had done that bike by inserting a screw in the throttle assembly to restrict how far round the throttle will twist (very high tech). But I agree with Ricky, it doesn't sound like that is your problem. I would get it into the dealers ASAP.
Old 24-04-2006, 07:04 PM   #24
Ingie

I will get my hubby to check the exhausts.
Old 24-04-2006, 07:10 PM   #25
ricky
5ft 3 of perfection!!

Quote:
I will get my hubby to check the exhausts.
Well what glips just said about inlet ports sounds abit more likely but on another note its good to see another 'short' person in here!! The
bike is certainly better for us wee people!!

drunk:
Old 24-04-2006, 08:07 PM   #26
JMo

There is no way a proper restrictor kit would make the bike run that badly - something else is definately afoot...

As Ped suggests, it sound like something wrong with the fuelling/mixture - infact lean tends to run better/peppyier up to a point, then distroys your engine x

You say the exhausts are glowing red - do you mean where they exit the cylinder (the header pipes), or in the silencer themselves?

Perhaps the lack of use means a small family of rodants have nested in there?! That would cause a blockage certainly...

xxx
Old 24-04-2006, 08:19 PM   #27
Ingie

Red in the outlet of the exhaust silencer where you can see the baffle tube.

Waitng for the Dealer to call back tomorrow with a reply on wether Ducati will look at it under warranty or not.
If not I will have to pay to get it looked at.
The bike has only been riden slowly so hope the engine is ok.
It was when a bike was behind yesterday that they told me it was hot otherwise I wouldn't have known.

Just removed the right hand silencer and there is no washer but the corugated baffle in the exhaust inlet is pretty extensive.
Old 24-04-2006, 10:00 PM   #28
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
There will be no baffling or the like as part of a restrictor kit so that is not the cause of the problem. Even restricted bikes will pull 85+

I've thought about this more and still think there is either a fueling issue (running lean) or perhaps even the ECU has thrown it's hand in. I realy think you should get it to a dealer who can do some diagnostics on it, something is definitely not right if it's running that badly.

Ped
Old 24-04-2006, 10:12 PM   #29
Sparky

Are you sure it's not the brakes sticking on?

Chris
Old 25-04-2006, 09:39 AM   #30
tamtbam@hotmail

I'd go with the fuel mix but it sounds like your throttle's not right either.
As jmo says when it's lean it should rev lower and be slightly quicker on acceleration. My fuel settings were tweeked in Kuwait for the hot weather and then reset for the cold by the Ducati dealer there. Even when it's lean the bike should still hit at least 120mph as mine did.
Get it into the dealer quick for a diagnostic and watch your revs over the first 1,000 miles if it's new.
Did you get the owner manual with the bike as this gives you the run in recommendations. 5500-6000rpm for the first 1,000miles.
Hope this helps.
Tam.