UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » New member needing advice

Old 17-05-2006, 09:07 PM   #16
Shandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbo
that's Chrome Molybdenum steel I think you'll find young feller
I stand corrected, never heard of chrome molybdenum had to go looking on yahoo to find out what it was!!!

It still gets rusty though, well it has on mine, thats next winters project to sort out!!
Old 18-05-2006, 06:47 AM   #17
Zimbo
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
It still isn't stainless, that's true!
Zimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2006, 07:23 AM   #18
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandy
Mines a carbed model on an '95 'M' plate.

...Having never been on an 'ie' i don't know if they any better or worse than my M600....

I have had a 95 plate 600 & 900ie dark (solo & trike), and the injected bike is a BIG improvement, especially in winter when carb icing rears it's ugly head

IMO if you can afford the extra for both the bike & insurance (although there shouldn't be much in it if you shop around) then get a 620. You don't mention if you've passed your test, or how long you have held a full bike licence. Bear in mind the monster will have to be resricted to 33bhp if you've held your licence for less than 2 years.
Old 18-05-2006, 12:01 PM   #19
Steggz

Don't panic, seasoned pro, restriction ends soon ish....... ;-)
Old 21-05-2006, 09:35 PM   #20
Steggz

hehe another question. I went to Jorden bikes in Leeds yesterday and had a look and a sit on a 2002 620ie in yellow(liking the yellow). Alot bigger than i expected to be honest. So im guessing the m600 and m620 are the same size right? (physically) I'd almost written the idea off aswell, i fear 30 secs of sitting will cost me 500 quid more haha. Also are there any styling differences you lot know of appart from the clocks.....? Thanks again Luke
Old 21-05-2006, 09:40 PM   #21
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
The 620 is a bit taller than the 600 cos newer frame of the st. It also rides different and generally seems to turn in quicker. Much nicer IMHO due to frame
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2006, 10:08 PM   #22
Jes

It's not the size that's important...

(Snarf, snarf)

In reality I haven't noticed much difference in performance between my old TRX and my shiny 620ie until I get to about 90-100. After 100 it runs out of steam but will sort of edge up to about 115 or so eventually. Because I'm a dull old git I rarely want to be much quicker than that, especially as I do most of my miles inside the M25.

From all I've read the injection model is much easier to live with than the carb model, and the extra power of a 620 over an old 600 is well worth having.

I personally would prefer a slightly higher seat height, even though I'm a shortarsed 5'6", but I've seen lots of tall people grinning from ear to ear, so I guess it's what you get used to.

My little monsterette is more fun than a bag of snakes. Go for it.

Jes