UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » I want! » Going for Gold.. Help please!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2024, 06:27 PM   #1
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Going for Gold.. Help please!

When I first got my Monster 11 years ago, I gave it a quick spruce up and then got on with the business of riding it.
One of the things I wanted to do was paint the cases a nice Gold colour the same as I'd seen on Rob's M1000 race bike project at the time.

At the time I squirted some VHT Gold on in the hope that it was close, but now I want the proper colour!

Rob has been tirelessly helpful with sourcing that colour engine paint, but I've been foiled at every turn.
Emily's driver (Rod) has also tried hard to help me.

I tried to order this. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/385079921057 But the listing was suddenly ended due to "An error in the listing" It has not become available again and all attempts at contacting GPColors has failed including eBay messaging and emails in English and Italian. All have been ignored.

Then Rob suggested Stardust Colours who list Magnesium engine Gold, but having emailed them, I just get a very blunt answer say we haven't got any, and won't be getting any!

I suspect in my suspicious mind that Ducati(Audi) have pulled the rug as the colour is always described as Ducati Magnesium Gold, Or Ducati Magnesio Oro.

I've seen a Gold caliper paint that looks like it might be similar at a push, sold under the name of Stemma https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175563128...evt=1&mkcid=28
This is a brush on Gloss. I want to spray it and end up with a satin finish. Messaging the various sellers has again not generated any replies whatsoever and all I'm asking them is, what thinners do I need to spray it and is there a satin lacquer I can coat it with?
I'll probably take a punt on a tin just to see if there's any info on the tin!

A search for Stemma has drawn complete blanks, but I do suspect that it's based in Ireland and might be a dodgy false brand name? Anyone got any clues?

I'm asking for help please, to find some Magnesium Gold engine or caliper paint anywhere (Preferably Europe or UK).
Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 02-05-2024 at 06:30 PM..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote