UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Weight loss challenge = New Monster!

Old 17-04-2009, 01:42 PM   #1
dp165

Weight loss challenge = New Monster!

Thought I'd say hi - not yet a monster owner but looking to be one this year!

I've just past my DAS (in a week and with only 2 minors - well chufted) and I'm looking to get a new 696 later this year. There's a catch though...

Since i'm under the thumb SWMBO has said that I can only get the bike when I get down to a target weight!! As part of the 'bet' my parents will also give me something towards my insurance (which will be a big help considering my age!)

So at the risk of public humiliation, I thought it might be a good way of motivating me if I had an on-line weight loss record - that way I can't hide from it!

Think I might write a book if it goes well - 'I lost 3stone using the 'Ducati Diet''!

What d'ya think?
Old 17-04-2009, 01:44 PM   #2
Mand

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp165 View Post
Thought I'd say hi - not yet a monster owner but looking to be one this year!

I've just past my DAS (in a week and with only 2 minors - well chufted) and I'm looking to get a new 696 later this year. There's a catch though...

Since i'm under the thumb SWMBO has said that I can only get the bike when I get down to a target weight!! As part of the 'bet' my parents will also give me something towards my insurance (which will be a big help considering my age!)

So at the risk of public humiliation, I thought it might be a good way of motivating me if I had an on-line weight loss record - that way I can't hide from it!

Think I might write a book if it goes well - 'I lost 3stone using the 'Ducati Diet''!

What d'ya think?
Do it, eat 1500 calories a day, cycling 10 miles a day and swim and run alternate days.... see easy peasy!

ooo congrats on passing your DAS
Old 17-04-2009, 01:54 PM   #3
Pomp1

Hi and welcome!getting a new Monster (and some money) seems to me a good enough motivation..as mand has said watch how many calories are you taking in, cut on carbohydrates and plenty of exercise (boxing training, for example, works wonders..)
Old 17-04-2009, 01:54 PM   #4
Arbeia

Join weight watchers! I did and lost 11lb in a month without much excersise as i`m a cripple at the moment.
A few years ago i did the atkins diet and lost 2 and a half stone in 5 weeks,I`d recomend the atkins diet but becareful as its easy put back on if you come off it.
I suppose a diet is for life not just for a quick fix.
I found with weight watchers that its easier to keep the weight off and goin to the meets regularly makes you wana lose as you would die of embarassment if you went to get weighed and you had put on.
Old 17-04-2009, 02:00 PM   #5
dp165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomp1 View Post
Hi and welcome!getting a new Monster (and some money) seems to me a good enough motivation..as mand has said watch how many calories are you taking in, cut on carbohydrates and plenty of exercise (boxing training, for example, works wonders..)
Hmmmm guess my 'didn't I buy a Wii Fit at xmas - I'll just use that' approach might not be enough? lol

Well I'm aiming to do as you say - eat good but keep daily intake low, get up to exercising more - long, fast walks at the min, will get to running once I'm a bit lighter!

My Dad's got a VFR750, my friends have got some plasticky sports bikes but since I was 13 I remember hearing a ducati monster with some loud pipes tear past and I thought: that's the one for me! Can't wait!!!
Old 17-04-2009, 02:05 PM   #6
dp165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbeia View Post
Join weight watchers! I did and lost 11lb in a month without much excersise as i`m a cripple at the moment.
A few years ago i did the atkins diet and lost 2 and a half stone in 5 weeks,I`d recomend the atkins diet but becareful as its easy put back on if you come off it.
I suppose a diet is for life not just for a quick fix.
I found with weight watchers that its easier to keep the weight off and goin to the meets regularly makes you wana lose as you would die of embarassment if you went to get weighed and you had put on.
That's kind of what i'm thinking of doing here - I was planning to post up my weight every fortnight/month so that I know I've got to get my weight and therefore my bike! Except instead of going to weight watchers I get to post here and plan my carbon 696 beast!
Old 17-04-2009, 02:06 PM   #7
Mand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbeia View Post

You are right about the Weightwatchers - the Atkins diet is wrong, plain wrong! Not good for the constitution and I don't mean the Royal Family either!
Old 17-04-2009, 02:25 PM   #8
Ducmon

My wife has put me on diet too she reckons that I look like a beached killer whale in my black and white leathers. This means no beer, crisps and just good food and small portions at that. Life is tough but I hope it be worth it because I am suffering with hunger pains.
Old 17-04-2009, 02:58 PM   #9
Lucati

Now I'm trying to work out what my Mrs would do if I said 'Lose some weight and I'll buy you a present', infact I know what would happen and it would be painful!!

Good luck with the diet - I lost nearly a stone when I did my DAS a couple of years ago - it was boiling hot and I wore full kit for four days and was too nervous to eat! Kept it off since and working on another in time for the beach in August.

Thank Crunchie it's Friday (oops - sorry for mentioning the C word!)
Old 17-04-2009, 03:03 PM   #10
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
I guess the draw of the deep-fried mars bars have been too tempting for you in Glasgow.
You've got the best incentive going though, a new bike for a bit of weigh loss, fantastic.
Set yourself realistic goals, eat less junk food & just a little extra exercise every week could do you wonders. Maybe you could jog to your nearest Ducati garage twice a week to look at the bike ?

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2009, 04:10 PM   #11
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Forget diets, go for a gastric band!!

Last edited by Pedro; 17-04-2009 at 04:19 PM..
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2009, 04:10 PM   #12
SazzaG

Yup, WeightWatchers and exercise is the way to go.

Training for a marathon helps!

Good luck - it will all be worth it in the end.
Old 17-04-2009, 08:28 PM   #13
OplayneO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp165 View Post
Hmmmm guess my 'didn't I buy a Wii Fit at xmas - I'll just use that' approach might not be enough? lol

Well I'm aiming to do as you say - eat good but keep daily intake low, get up to exercising more - long, fast walks at the min, will get to running once I'm a bit lighter!

My Dad's got a VFR750, my friends have got some plasticky sports bikes but since I was 13 I remember hearing a ducati monster with some loud pipes tear past and I thought: that's the one for me! Can't wait!!!
Dont rule out the Wii fit, great fun way to do it and monitor your weight, put in your target weight and how long you want to do it and it will keep telling you how your doing. Just dont let it get covered in dust like mine.. that reminds me.

try the snow boarding, dont even know your doing it but nearly passed out with dehydration after 30 mins. Who said exersise wasn't fun.

I think you might need to watch what you eat on top of this, cant say it will all be fun.
Old 17-04-2009, 08:28 PM   #14
chris yeatman
I still have the s4r!

Bike: S4r
hi and welcome, on a sea food diet, see food and eat it. lol
Old 17-04-2009, 08:29 PM   #15
OplayneO

Oh yer, hi and welcome!