UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » How’s the boredom for everyone?

Old 31-03-2020, 07:27 AM   #1
Ron1000

Bike: M1100evo
How’s the boredom for everyone?

As title. How we all getting on with it.

I’m one of the wfh crowd now so that keeps me occupied a fair bit. And I’ve temporarily got my dads dog so at least I get out with him for walkies.

Weekends are a struggle tho…no allowed out on the bike is desperate.

I figured I’d tidy up the old donkey (vfr800) and start getting my track bike in order too…no point touching the monster, I was a wee bit too eager over winter and that’s now sitting under a cover in as close to mint as I can get it.

Turns out the donkey is absolutely tip top and only needed minor fettling and a wash…and a rear tyre that I can’t do atm.

So big project…the track bike…this turns out to be fairly well looked after (for a track bike at least) and only really needed adjusting and setup for my taste. So other than a new front sprocket and some rear brake pads that also finished.

Total time taken? Last weekend. So now I’m really in trouble come this weekend.

Anybody got anything to keep them occupied?
Ron1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 11:30 AM   #2
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
Gardening, cooking, (Mrs BRD is an NHS midwife so still working), daily walk, pottering, reading. Garage needs a tidy. There's never not a job to do! Just have more time to do them in. University exam season cancelled so no invigilation duties until September (if then).

Stay safe everyone.
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 12:03 PM   #3
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
We're both NHS so working, I've done a 'retire and return' so only about half time.
We were both less than happy with the precautions our Trust was mandating (think doing a spray job and holding a hand in-front of your mouth and nose whilst wearing slippers and PJ bottom's)a week ago so we actually did more just to keep our patients safe as a lot are immuno-compromised and ourselves happy...
So Caroline had symptoms a few days later and that puts me out for a fortnight, not a clue where it came from but it's rife in the general population so could have been anywhere.
Don't mention testing.. we're just Radiographers so do both ordinary x-rays and CT which are first line tests for patients with bad chests and as we all know there's only Doctors and Nurses in the NHS .. so testing ? Lets say we aren't holding our breath over that one as we aren't politicians or royalty.

The 748R is very clean and all prepped for an MOT after it's hibernation though seems a bit of a waste at the mo so I'll wait till we are allowed out to play.
The S2R has a few more carbon bit, nothing big just the rider heel guards and the exhaust riser shields which I must spin some bolts down to fit properly.
Else I've been playing with the amusing world of 3D and have run up and printed a scale submarine hull which I am quite impressed with, a few tweaks and it'll be a merchantable item. At almost a metre it looks quite cool.
I've been wiring up another metre long RC sub which is going to need bath testing quite soon then again when we're allowed out to play will get it's maiden outdoor sinking.
Also been playing with the world of 3D games which is even more amusing.
Otherwise eating buns and drinking rum .... You ever heard of a pirate with Covid?? Nope nor me so got that covered.
Old 31-03-2020, 03:02 PM   #4
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I'm working from home too and so it is nice to be able to get some extra tinkering time. I've got an electrical issue with a 'short' on the oil pressure feed following my tidy up of the wiring which could take either 15mins or several hours to sort.

The instrument rubber bush that I need is not in stock at Moto Rapido so unless I can find one in stock somewhere, I will have to put on a back burner until the Italy situation gets better. I'm guessing there's not a lot coming over and if there is it will take much longer, just guessing however.

I'm also looking to upgrade some nuts and bolts to Ti ones but as and when finances and time allow.

Also planning to replace the exhaust studs with stainless ones when I fit the mirror polished manifolds, which is a job that's been on a back burner for a while. Those rusty little studs scare me a bit; don't want to snap one in the name of vanity.

Replace front disks with the Brembo Clubman full floating ones with Ti bolts.

Replace standard calipers with 4 pad 999 type which requires new bespoke lines and fittings as its non-standard.

So plenty to keep me occupied over the coming months if not able to get it MOT'd and serviced!

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 05:38 PM   #5
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Working from home, keeping busy during the day. Work in Sales so normally visiting customers 3 days a week, that all stopped 18 days ago for me - suppressed immune system. Hospital said no travel, work quickly followed the same advice. I’m likely here for 2-3 months I think.

Dog walks are getting longer to get fresh air, fortunate to back on to farm land/Salisbury Plain so no issues with bumping into the great unwashed

In the last two weeks I’ve finally got round to widening the gate so bike handlebars fit through without wriggling, after being in the house for nearly 11 years. Also re-roofed the garden shed. All very productive.

I’ve various other projects lined up over coming weekend to feel like I’ve achieved something and to basically lose myself in something other than the C19 news. Actually I’ve stopped watching too much news, just a summary once a day, far too much sensational news reporting.

Ped
Old 31-03-2020, 05:39 PM   #6
Chriswilly

Bike: M900ie
I fell off last week and smashed a clavicle !
Chriswilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 05:58 PM   #7
alan s4

Bike: S4 challenge
Watching re-runs of WSB on Eurosport, favourite so far Hockenheim 1996, watch it if you can.
alan s4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 06:27 PM   #8
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriswilly View Post
Ouch! No spannering for you then? I've also got a wish list of stuff for the S4 like getting the carbon tank, seat and cowl professionally painted to match the exisitng scheme.

And a bunch of stuff on the 748, fit the DP carbon airbox and runners plus some Pipercross filters, which I actually bought last month. Complete recommissioning job; including belts, battery, fluids, tyres as its been stood in my dining room for the last 10 years! I dread to think what the tank is like, although it was drained a few years back it;s had some small amount of fuel in it since then? Not forgetting the 5 spoke wheel upgrade which need powdercoat or paint, can't decide on black or 748R grey. Will depend on if I decide to go for the 748R rep or Foggy/SPS rep route.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 07:30 PM   #9
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
I'm a plumbing and heating engineer, so considered a key worker.
Whilst the two guys I employ are off, both of them have family members who are vulnerable, work has not stopped. Yes precautions are in place when a house is entered.
Today has consisted of two boiler breakdowns, one non working toilet, two landlord gas certifications ( the law may have been relaxed about mots, but not in safety checks on gas appliances in rentals)repair a boiler flue and water pouring through a ground floor flats ceiling from the property above.
Old 31-03-2020, 08:07 PM   #10
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
So what did you do after your morning tea break then Grumpy?..

I've never been considered essential by anyone, but I seem to be in demand locally by building firms. I am in a unique position in that I have a very well equipped wood working shop up the end of my garden. It got even better equipped after being made redundant at the beginning of this year. With joinery shops mostly closed in the area ,the aforementioned builders are making the most of my self sufficiency. I have three quite large jobs stacked up and more in the pipeline.

I sorned the Monster today and it was heartbreaking. The last ride was quite, er, enthusiastic! I noticed that the left silencer now has the inner tailpipe protruding out by about 3". The entire last baffle section including 2 "bulkheads", has come loose somehow and moved outwards.
So I have ordered some materials to re-build a pair from Utopia's 750, that he kindly sold me for a gift price. I hammed it up first time round and they were awful, but I now have a plan of unequalled cunning to get them functioning just so, and they will become totally unique. I might also fit the new cambelt tensioner bearings that came with the new Exactfit belts. I didn't do it when I put the belts on, because, well, I procrastinated. But now...
Old 31-03-2020, 08:29 PM   #11
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
So what did you do after your morning tea break then Grumpy?.. ...
Had a bacon sandwich!
Old 31-03-2020, 10:04 PM   #12
Jez900ie
Pleasantly surprised!

Bike: M900ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriswilly View Post
Ouch! Sorry to read this Chris. I separated my shoulder many years ago so I have an idea of what you might be going through. GWS my friend.
Old 01-04-2020, 10:50 AM   #13
jerry
Old Git

plenty of offshore work , but no way of getting there , no medical tests for covid available, no flights , loads of us sitting at home while others are trapped on rigs, ships etc my other gig for my property maintenance mate is also on hold as he cant get materials or customers are delaying work ..

still waiting for my paintwrk on the M750 ???? the other one now has a busted wheel ,, and all the motoliner wheel repair companies are shut down ,, the HD is completed , so only the 750ss to fiddle with and ride ....
got the shed to repair ,, done a load of repairs in the house ,, taking care of my 90 year old dad and his 91 year old girlfriend ,, keeping the whisky stocked up as we are all knocking it back .. going out once a week to shop for my disabled mate .....

watching loads of netflix
Old 01-04-2020, 01:39 PM   #14
Saint aka ML
Junior ah to be young

Sitting at home working till i get made redundand next week or so due to CVD.
Hospitality so there is literlly no jobs.

Anyone knows of short term work from home IT contracts?
Basic support or Infrastructer, PM something not high up to top up finances.

Still want SF

"I am Lucazade"
Saint aka ML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 03:23 PM   #15
slob

slob is offline   Reply With Quote