UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Bikers 'Caught'

Old 26-03-2020, 10:24 AM   #1
Nasher

Bike: M900
Bikers 'Caught'

Our local radio station has been running a story on every news update that people are still ignoring advise not to go out unless it's really necessary.

the specific example they are using is that the police have informed them they 'Caught' a group of bikers out for a pleasure ride in the Meon valley(A272) yesterday.

Nasher.

Last edited by Nasher; 26-03-2020 at 10:26 AM..
Nasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 11:08 AM   #2
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
Our local radio station has been running a story on every news update that people are still ignoring advise not to go out unless it's really necessary.

the specific example they are using is that the police have informed them they 'Caught' a group of bikers out for a pleasure ride in the Meon valley(A272) yesterday.

Nasher.
I assume that they were socially distancing and out for their allowed period of exercise.. Might even be that they were going to get vital supplies of watercress for their sarnies.

Seems a bit of disparity going on with Charlie hiding out in Balmoral (isolate, stay in place and no unnecessary travel) and gutting for us NHS front line staff getting CV tested. They left London 3 days ago... When did the lock down start??
Old 26-03-2020, 11:09 AM   #3
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Indian Government has issued shoot them order to police and army for people not following the virus rules !!!!!
Old 26-03-2020, 11:24 AM   #4
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Well that's interesting because I was so tempted to go for a blast.
I heard that there were lots of bikes out doing the very same yesterday on a gorgeous day.
I even had the story ready that I was on my way to a mates allotment to help him out because he was old and wouldn't go himself. But I decided not to and went for long walk across the fields instead.

I did have a mental ride on Monday though. A good customer of mine insisted that I went and measured up his next job before what he saw as the inevitable lockdown. He is in Kent, I am in Norfolk.

It was a bit keen but bright and I did see the Spitfire fly out from nearby Biggin Hill, the very one that I watched being restored on a programme Luddite told me about. (Nice.)
I tried to set off home before 4pm so I would be home before the temperature started to plummet. (nearly managed that) I filled up at Birchanger on the M11 and proceeded to get my head down for Norfolk with the air already getting bracing. The Sun was silhouetting the signs and the slow lane was full of lorries and I was "pressing on"....
So some miles ahead it all became unfamiliar! I'd only overshot the all important A11 sliproad! Damn! No turning back! Only option (with no map or satnav) was to carry on to Huntingdon, which I managed after another wrong turn.
I did manage to get home via Wisbech and the A47, but Spring day had turned into frosty night. (I got gritted twice!) I was shivering so much I was doing a Foggy wiggle, I only lifted the front wheel a couple of times. Well at least the Monster was going great with new Exactfit belts and oil.. She always looks after me.. Just hope the speed cameras turned the other way.
350 miles in all and bloody perishing for the last 100 or so, but a brilliant ride..

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 26-03-2020 at 11:26 AM..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 11:40 AM   #5
Flip

Maybe the Police see it as helping motorcyclists to ‘Socially Distance’ themselves from the general public?

Or maybe just an easy target?

Who knows?

Catch Offenders (using) Vehicles Instantly Detain?
Old 26-03-2020, 01:12 PM   #6
Ron1000

Bike: M1100evo
I was considering a ride today…naughty I know…but figured I’ll no be near anyone. Bike left in shed now…I’ll probably just work on the track bike.
Ron1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 02:30 PM   #7
Nasher

I've just been out in the car and the roads are deserted, but it is very rural around here.

But, I not only saw two police cars but got stopped by one.

I had 3 fence panels on the roof, posts sticking out the back and bags of postcrete in the back.

He was very good about it, and explained that he understood I thought the journey was important but I should think harder next time.

I'd ordered them a few days ago but had a call tis morning to say the supplier was closing tonight and if I wanted them I should come and get them.
I really don't know what I'd do without my discovery to haul stuff about in.

Nasher.
Old 26-03-2020, 03:00 PM   #8
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

I read earlier that the Police in Yorkshire are setting up road blocks at random to check drivers.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 04:02 PM   #9
slob

it seems a reasonable response to a stupid public who don’t understand ‘STAY AT HOME’
i can hear a local chav who’s been hooning round my local park on a dirt bike for the last two days.
maybe it will start to sink in when there are enough thousands of dead people to focus even the dullest minds
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 04:22 PM   #10
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Three idiots just gone past my house on off road dirt bikes, all on one wheel. Yesterday was a quad bike.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 04:28 PM   #11
slob

bear in mind riding a motorcycle makes you statistically more likely to wind up in hospital, something you do’t want to do for purely selfish reasons, never mind the nhs’s ability to cope right now.
personally i’m glad this didn’t hit last year while i was operating on one lung with nine broken ribs
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 05:05 PM   #12
PhilLew
600 dark

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickj View Post
...Seems a bit of disparity going on with Charlie hiding out in Balmoral (isolate, stay in place and no unnecessary travel) and gutting for us NHS front line staff getting CV tested. They left London 3 days ago... When did the lock down start??
Apparently he first showed symptoms at the weekend, travelled to Scotland and was tested (by the NHS at home) on Mon. His Mrs was also tested despite showing no symptoms.

Not sure how many of the guidelines he broke, (Stay at home, don't use 2nd homes, don't leave home if you have symtoms, testing only for people requiring hospital treatment etc, etc.) but the latest rumours are six of the local staff are now also showing symptoms.
PhilLew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 05:45 PM   #13
Chriswilly

Bike: M900ie
Hmmmmm!
Must talk you about my 'Crash' on Saturday last - when I can type again!
Chriswilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 06:47 PM   #14
emzedder

Bike: Other Ducati
Collection of idiots at the Walcott cafe last weekend and seen elsewhere too. I have to go to work on public service critical service business so travelling some days but obvious some people are joy riding. Its stop and fine from this weekend to control it ... be sensible , keep us safe, just don't do it. A young lady in my offices 3 year old has been diagnosed today and unwell. Not funny.
emzedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 07:08 PM   #15
Blah blah
Upsetting normal people..

Bike: S2r
Numerous police stops around here at the moment, checking to see if the journey is 'essential' resulting in lots of 2nd home owners getting upset that they can't play in their MX5s, Boxsters etc etc on the empty roads.

I've lived here for almost 10 years so know the 2nd / 3rd homes and some of them have only been occupied for 2-3 weeks in all that time but over the last couple of weeks, loads have suddenly become occupied.

To be frank I wish they'd all sod off back to their first homes and leave us some food in the supermarket - a friend of a friend does deliveries for one and when it all started kicking off, he apparently delivered one order that was approaching £1000, another had 70l of bottled water. Even the little shops where we know everyone and they know us have been stripped

It's 'kin madness that will result in the selfish feckers throwing tonnes of food away over the next few weeks while others have to go without.

Time for a glass of something I think, aaaaaand relax.

(I can't go out on the bike anyway, it needs the belts doing)

Last edited by Blah blah; 26-03-2020 at 07:10 PM..
Blah blah is offline   Reply With Quote