UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Electrics » Another battery due?

Old 26-03-2020, 07:06 AM   #16
The Clockie

I'd add a general thumbs-up on MotoBatt batteries, though I've had a couple fail. As with all failing batteries, they will store a reasonable voltage from charging (I always tickle them up with a big Optimate 4A unit every few weeks when not riding) but you may, if lucky, get one turnover and then nothing. At least the MB on the Gilera Nordwest that failed this week wasn't one I'd bought. One cell goes down and the rest surrender...

A final thought as regards charging is that it needs to be done much more frequently if the bike has an alarm, especially with an aftermarket one.

Nick
Old 26-03-2020, 08:12 AM   #17
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I think the quality may not be as good as it may have been 5 years ago when you got yours Gary. Made in China, not that I'm knocking Chinese manufacturing but from my experience the quality can vary a lot.

They still mention Quadflex technology on the branding but neither of the last 2 I bought had the additional terminals.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 08:26 PM   #18
Doggy

Bike: M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
Glad you're sorted Doggy.. I bet you went the long way home?
Did they fit a Motobatt?.
TBH I jumped straight on the motorway and got home as quick as I could as i felt rather self consious about being out as we are on an alleged lock-down, loads of traffic about though .

No they fitted a gel battery ? He'sbBeen fitting them for a couple of years and had no complaints , so will see how it goes . The little 600ss has a motobatt fitted, we will see which lasts longer as they are both new and only a month apart .

Don't suppose either bike will get ridden for over a month now due to covid-19
Doggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2020, 07:12 AM   #19
The Clockie

And there was me thinking that no-one is more socially-distant than a solo bike rider! I guess it's all part of the sackcloth-and-ashes principle...

Nick