UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Electrics » S2R not turning over

Old 12-03-2020, 02:36 PM   #16
Robscooper

Well, the antenna was delivered and fitted...still exactly the same, so after two weeks I'm throwing in the towel and giving it to a mechanic. In 20 years and over forty bikes this is the first one to defeat me.
I will let you know what they say but have a feeling it will be the clocks or ECU.
Old 12-03-2020, 06:51 PM   #17
Paul_

Bike: M696
Before it goes in you could try testing all of your fuses for continuity and resistance. The reason I say this is because I've just had mine back from a Ducati tech as it suddenly and unexpectedly became a non starter. I was getting an EOBD light on the dash that stayed illuminated, a 'Can' Error message, no fuel pump priming and no neutral light. I checked everything I could and everything checked out ok. Fuses were all good on a visual check and had continuity, I was stumped like you and reluctantly admitted defeat.
The tech found that although everything did check out one of my 5 amp fuses for the can system showed a massive resistance when tested, way more than the rated value and was borked. Once changed for a new one the bike fired up no problems and everything worked as it should. I was really relieved as I was thinking it was ECU, clocks, immobiliser just like you and it turned out to be a fuse.
Paul_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 07:22 PM   #18
Robscooper

Ok Paul, thanks for the info. I give it a go. Bike is not booked in until Monday so I'll take a look over the weekend.
Old 17-03-2020, 06:47 AM   #19
Robscooper

Right, I have more news. Took the bike to the mechanics to get it plugged in. Its come up with one fault, the immobiliser. This seems to be what is causing the EOBD light to stay on and stopping the bike from starting.
Does anyone know the colour of the immobiliser wire/s that go into the back of the clock? Theres a big connector with maybe 20 wires.

Many thanks
Rob
Old 17-03-2020, 08:21 AM   #20
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
if you don’t have an owners’ manual you should be able to download a .pdf one from ducati.com, (sorry there's nothing before '09 there now)
https://www.carlsalter.com/ducati-service-manuals.asp there’s a wiring diagram in the back

it’s not quite as simple as ‘which wires?’ since ecu, clocks and key all have to match each other.

pm sent

key sense on s2r1000 ‘06 is blue/black (pin 4) & red/yellow (pin5), it’s a 26 pin connector

Last edited by slob; 17-03-2020 at 09:13 AM.. Reason: updated info
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2020, 10:32 AM   #21
Robscooper

I'll take a look at that tonight as I currently have a compleaty dead immobiliser. Ie no lights whatsoever.
Thanks for the info.