UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » For Sale » S2R800 much loved, break my heart.

Old 04-03-2020, 08:56 PM   #1
Bigxr

S2R800 much loved, break my heart.

I have decided (again) to sell my beloved S2R.
I tried selling once before, but despite many people wanting to view, decided against it because I just love this bike and couldn't bear to part with it.
However....
Now it is definitely going to go. I need to purge myself of these thoughts of riding it and sell it to make space for my new toy. (don't judge!).
It's a 2006 S2R800 with about 11,000 smiles on it. It's the red one with a chequered white stripe and white wheels. I have several mods that make it special, Decat pipe (original bagpipe cat included if wanted), zero gravity screen - excellent, full Ventura rack system including 3 sizes of rack option, a grab rail, a short rack and a tall touring rack, this is a great bit of kit and easily changed between a short looks sporty rack to a rally-loaded tall rack. It has handlebar risers (removable) and one tooth down on front sprocket (essential). There's also a bit of bling, gold reservoir tops, blinged up levers etc. probably more but I can't recall everything right now.
The tyres are both in excellent condition, and are the effing brilliant Michelin Road pilot 2. The chain and sprockets were done less than 300 miles ago, as well as a new battery, also oil/filters and belts a similar mileage However I will add a little caveat that this may be longer than 2 years ago, which shows you why I've decided to sell - I've done more miles on a push bike than my motor cycles in the past few years.
The negatives: well, there is a crack in the rev counter perspex cover, it's been there since I owned the bike 12 years ago, and there is a replacement used one in a box that comes with the bike if you're fussy. Also, the neutral light has only occasionally worked in neutral. Sometimes it comes on in 1st, sometimes in 2nd, but rarely in neutral. Again this is something I've lived with for a dozen years without worrying about it. I fitted a switch to "fool" the bike into thinking it's in neutral so I can start it up with the side-stand down and let it tick over to warm up.
And that's it.
I'm going to ask £3500 for it, which is reasonable, I will put a new mot on it for the new buyer. I will try to figure out how to upload pictures soon, or email me and I'll send them on.
Oh, I'm in Caerphilly, in the peoples republic of South Wales.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rhGnsvjkqdqF2Hxx7

Last edited by Bigxr; 10-03-2020 at 11:12 PM.. Reason: add pic
Old 10-03-2020, 11:13 PM   #2
Bigxr

Woohoo I think I've managed to add pictures. #hero!
You may have to follow a link, but hey, i'm a codger!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/rhGnsvjkqdqF2Hxx7