UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Selling my Multi - where?

Old 09-03-2020, 11:47 AM   #1
Nottsbiker

Selling my Multi - where?

Hi All,

Not sold a bike for years and not really sure where is going to be best and would welcome some advice. I've got a 2015 Multistrada that has just come back from Ducati Nottingham for a belt service, new fuel sender and MOT which unsurprisingly she passed with flying colours. The 1200 was bought on a whim and has only ever done about 2k miles in my ownership, most of which being touring Normandy in 2018 and some last summer in the UK.

Things that worry me about selling privately are thieves and idiots - I've seen those "we buy any bike" companies but assume they are crooks who will barter me down once they get the opportunity. Basically I want an easy, straight forward sale but don't know who or where to approach?

I've realised since owning the Mutley that new bikes just don't do it for me and want to dedicate my time to building my M900 (got 99% of the bits), supermoto-ing my WR200 and building my Belgarda TDR into a 200 for the GF however, first I need some pennies to get the garage fully decked out with lights / power etc so I can see what I'm doing

Any sales help gratefully received!

Ben
Old 09-03-2020, 01:23 PM   #2
Uncle Bob

Bike: M1100evo
We Buy Any Bike will probably offer you rock bottom money (they did with my ZX-6R anyway), however it could be worth asking them for a valuation even if it's only to know what the bottom of the scale value is. This is what I did, then sold it privately.

Other than that, insist on 'holding the folding' if anyone wants to test ride it, and the same goes for if you actually sell it. In case of bank transfers (probably the safest way) insist that the money clears before handing over the keys.

This also might help: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/bikes/s...bike-privately
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 05:41 PM   #3
Rrawlings

Bike: M1100evo
Jordan bikes in Leeds might be worth a call. Both myself, my dad and brother in law have sold bikes to them without it being a part ex. They collect if needed and price wise I found they were very reasonable. More than a we buy any bike and trade in with a dealer. Nick the owner said he’d rather make a little on a lot of bikes than have a large profit on a few with little turnover.
Rrawlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 06:50 PM   #4
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
There appears to be a few bikers joined up at our place recently so if you want i can put the word out on our intranet?

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 11:28 AM   #5
Nottsbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
We Buy Any Bike will probably offer you rock bottom money (they did with my ZX-6R anyway), however it could be worth asking them for a valuation even if it's only to know what the bottom of the scale value is. This is what I did, then sold it privately.

Other than that, insist on 'holding the folding' if anyone wants to test ride it, and the same goes for if you actually sell it. In case of bank transfers (probably the safest way) insist that the money clears before handing over the keys.

This also might help: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/bikes/s...bike-privately
Thank you - I did an online quote with them and they have been hounding me ever since!

There wont be any test rides like you say without the cash firmly in my sweaty hands

Ben
Old 10-03-2020, 11:30 AM   #6
Nottsbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrawlings View Post
Jordan bikes in Leeds might be worth a call. Both myself, my dad and brother in law have sold bikes to them without it being a part ex. They collect if needed and price wise I found they were very reasonable. More than a we buy any bike and trade in with a dealer. Nick the owner said he’d rather make a little on a lot of bikes than have a large profit on a few with little turnover.
Thanks - will give them a go - definitely prefer to sell to a dealer / known person rather than an unknown from Gumtree (for example)

Ben
Old 10-03-2020, 11:31 AM   #7
Nottsbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
There appears to be a few bikers joined up at our place recently so if you want i can put the word out on our intranet?
That would be grand! Plus you are pretty local to me so would convenient for all concerned.

Cheers - Ben
Old 11-03-2020, 11:47 AM   #8
Nottsbiker

For info went with Jordans Bikes who are coming to collect this weekend.

Super easy - fill in online form, they call you back and agree a price then arrange for collection. Obviously they have a margin but collect from home and pay if bike as described.

Will update if required after collection but so far so good!

Ben
Old 11-03-2020, 11:48 AM   #9
Nottsbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrawlings View Post
Great recommendation mate!