UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » National Events » Weekender Archive » Monster Weekender 2020 » Weekender 2020 ~ Here we go again

Old 30-01-2020, 07:08 AM   #91
alan c
alan (blockhead) c

Bike: M1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokke007 View Post
Sounds like a plan, hope I can find some spare space to bring a good beer (or two)
We can pop up my local for a Guiness or two
alan c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2020, 01:54 PM   #92
Moco1961

weekender

Afternoon all, Chris and I visited the Rossett Hall last night to get some momentum going with the weekender preparations. Bookings for rooms have been a bit slower than expected but healthy all the same. We have time but not much of it,Helen wants to release our reserved but untaken rooms back to general sale on March 1st so she has a chance of filling the Hotel.

So if there are folk who are in two minds, please dont be, its a great weekend, good food,good hotel and prices are very reasonable.see first post on the thread.

You can share, come for one,two or all three nights, whichever you choose it will be great to see you there!

If we go past March 1ST and you would like a room, Helen will honour the deal we have but you take a chance on there being any rooms left.

Think thats reasonably clear..... if not please shout out.
Old 31-01-2020, 02:12 PM   #93
Moco1961

Soooo, its time for .......a LIST, I know many of us like a good list

In no particular order this is where I believe we are at the moment:-

Moco1961 +1
ChrisC2925 +1
UK Surfer
Char
BigOz
Bigredduke
Utopia
Doggy
Mart64
alanC
Rollo
Grumpy
Rollo22
Tokke007
Fireman sam +1
Stinger101 + 1
Dacs
MarkH
Chris Yateman
Dave R
Liz
Stafford

Thats 15 rooms confirmed, not even half way yet , c'mon you know it makes sense to have a monster weekend ! The numbers booked by 1st March will dictate what function rooms we get in the hotel so dont be shy and call the Rossett Hall .
Old 04-02-2020, 06:06 PM   #94
Moco1961

room list

.......16 rooms now, welcome aboard Adie, the list grows a little longer !

Moco1961 +1
ChrisC2925 +1
UK Surfer
Char
BigOz
Bigredduke
Utopia
Doggy
Mart64
alanC
Rollo
Grumpy
Rollo22
Tokke007
Fireman sam +1
Stinger101 + 1
Dacs
MarkH
Chris Yateman
Dave R
Liz
Stafford
Adie851
Old 24-02-2020, 01:50 PM   #95
alan c
alan (blockhead) c

Bike: M1100
Rooms still available, if youve not been before its a great weekend.

Get your name down and enjoy rideouts on great roads, chat/banter and evenings relaxing in the bar !

Go on you know you want too
alan c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2020, 11:29 AM   #96
Moco1961

Ahem, ok so as we get closer to the weekender I thought I would start throwing some information out there to help entice folk to the gathering. As we know the Govt have decided to switch the bank holiday dates to allow commemoration of VE day. So if people are in two minds and as a tip of the hat to that event the National Ride out this year will be to RAF Cosford. I have screen shotted the booking form header.

It’s free entry into the museum, I have arranged a bike parking area in front of one of the hangars and a photo opportunity with one of the static displays. The route to and from is still being "tweaked" , I will post that nearer the date

With regards Bookings at the Hotel, they have released 5 rooms to another booking but there are still rooms available, please dont delay and miss out on what promises to be a great weekender.

Last edited by slob; 01-03-2020 at 07:15 PM.. Reason: cleaned up bb code
Old 29-02-2020, 02:42 PM   #97
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Great work Mike.. I'm really looking forward to that.

I'm booked in to share with Dacs, and I have also booked a room for the Thursday night, so we can have a little ride down see the Mach Loop on Friday Morning. For those who don't know, The Mach Loop is a set of three valleys in mid Wales, where the RAF and USAF practice their low level flying. There are various viewing sites in the surrounding hills where you can have fast jets pinging past your ear at speed!!
It's a bit of a gamble as it's almost impossible to predict what, if anything will be flying, and this is totally weather dependant too. Mike, Grumps and myself are hoping to do this, so there's room for more, it will involve a little gentle hill climbing though. State your interest and we will set off together from the Rossett Hall Hotel on Friday morning bright and early..
Old 29-02-2020, 03:22 PM   #98
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
For those who don't know, The Mach Loop is a set of three valleys in mid Wales, where the RAF and USAF practice their low level flying.
That's so weird, Mr Gazza. I'd never heard of the 'Mach Loop' until about six weeks ago when this video popped up as 'Recommended for you' on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INcWJYFvSkQ

I can imagine it must be awesome to see them in real life.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2020, 03:57 PM   #99
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Thanks for posting up that video Luddite, I watched it all the way through again and I will watch it some more. That guy has posted quite a few videos from the Mach loop and I think he has also been to Star Wars Valley in America, there is also a Scottish Mach Loop.

It takes it's name from Machynlleth at the end of one of the valleys and not the Mach speed scale as you might imagine, but it rocks.
I want to get to the hill in the videos where the planes enter the loop, and have the feeling of my oesophagus being ripped out of my ribcage as they go past on a 90deg bank, trailing ribbons from their wings... It's been a long time! Very few jet types at air shows since that helmet put the Hunter in at Shoreham. I lived within 10 miles of RAF Coltishal when the Lightnings were there and the ground shook when they scrambled vertically on after-burners... I need another hit!
Old 29-02-2020, 05:13 PM   #100
Moco1961

..I wonder if the Vulcan ever did the Mach loop? No that would have been worth seeing
Old 29-02-2020, 05:26 PM   #101
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Well they must have practiced their low level flying somewhere, as they switched tactics to terrain following interdiction and toss bombing when the opposition missiles became able to hit them at high altitude... My knee caps tremble at the thought of them thundering down the loop!!
Old 29-02-2020, 05:45 PM   #102
Moco1961

YouTube is our friend, only a couple of clips though
Old 29-02-2020, 06:01 PM   #103
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Quote:
Well they must have practiced their low level flying somewhere, as they switched tactics to terrain following interdiction and toss bombing when the opposition missiles became able to hit them at high altitude... My knee caps tremble at the thought of them thundering down the loop!!
Trip down memory lane Gazza!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AwNuOkdFKXY
Old 01-03-2020, 07:06 PM   #104
BigOz

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Trip down memory lane Gazza!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AwNuOkdFKXY
I read the report on that Lightning crashing, it was in a bit of a state, including out of date ejector seat parts and fuel leaks.

http://www.caa.co.za/Accidents%20and...ports/8706.pdf

Last edited by BigOz; 01-03-2020 at 07:13 PM..
BigOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 07:08 PM   #105
BigOz

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
I heard a story about the Vulcans returning from missions at Red Flag in the states with cactus stuck on the wingtips.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: