UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Biker Friendly Cafes/Hotels etc » Willow End B&B, Rugeley, Staffs

Old 29-08-2011, 04:55 PM   #1
MrsC_772
Silver Member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Thumbs up Willow End B&B, Rugeley, Staffs

Just got back from a couple of nights away at a B&B my parents recommended, and can recommend it to fellow Monsteristi.

Owners Glenn and Tina are respectively a biker (though Honda man, not Ducatisti) and a great Thai cook. (Tasty Thai meals available in the evening, though you need to order the day before so Tina can head out for appropriate supplies).

The place is spotlessly clean, the enormous king sized bed (at least in the ensuite room we were in) very comfy, and the location quiet.

A few of the little touches that mark any accommodation as superior in my books: availability of biscuits, hot choc and fresh milk for tea in your room; poached eggs as a breakfast option (as well as the usual cereal, toast, sausage, bacon, mushrooms etc), more than enough bath towels and pillows. Room had TV/DVD player (with DVD library on the landing) if you don't fancy chatting to the hosts in the evening.

Glenn offered to let us leave our bikes round the back behind a side gate (but after a long ride we were tired and didn't fancy trying to manhandle them off the drive up a small step onto the patio).

While Rugeley town itself makes Farnborough look quaint, Cannock Chase Forest has mountain biking and a Go Ape, and Glenn can recommend good local biking roads (though we'd already planned a grand tour of the Peak District for yesterday).

For £60 a night double en suite (including breakfast) or £50 a night for room with shared bathroom, pretty good value I think.

Website is: http://www.willow-end.com/
MrsC_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 05:48 PM   #2
BenM900

Bike: M900
There are some nice country roads around there, I used to ride my cbr 125 in that area when I lived in Burntwood. Cannock chase is a really nice place to visit with lots of country pubs dotted about, much better than any of the nearby towns, although Lichfield isn't far and they have some nice pubs
BenM900 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: