UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Cans, Tyres, Brakes, etc. » Under seat cans and passenger foot rests

Old 10-05-2019, 12:34 PM   #1
SwinZ916

Under seat cans and passenger foot rests

Hi All
Been a while since i was last on here. Same old story, too much going on at work and home but at least they wont take th p$*s out of me when i take it for it's MOT in a couple of weeks, i've managed to clock up 250 miles since the last one

I've fitted some under seat cans to it (full system without the cat) and tidied it up a bit but i have a question. Does anyone know of a set of rear pegs that will fit on instead of the originals? With the under seat cans, the r/h one sticks out more than the l/h and i wanted to make it look a bit more symmetrical. If there is no alternative, i was thinking of getting some made. Problem is, i would need to get several sets made to make it cost effective. So, if there's no alternative, is there anyone out there that is in the same situation and would consider buying a set if i get them made. A friend of mine said he could 3D print a set to see what they would look like before going into production.

Thoughts anyone?
Old 10-05-2019, 01:20 PM   #2
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
you need longer mounting bolts and spacers for pretty much any footrest hangers to clear the link pipes with high level cans
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 03:02 PM   #3
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
The next generation Monsters (696/796/1100) have the pillion pegs attached to the main footrests. I know the DP rearsets from my S2R just about fitted on my 1100 Evo, albeit lopsidedly, so you might be able to adapt some 696 type footrests to your S2R. You'd also need to check that the new footrests wouldn't interfere with your link pipes.

Note that, if you're taking the bike to the MOT without pillion pegs, remember to fit the single seat cowl otherwise it won't pass.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 06:59 PM   #4
SwinZ916

I normally ride one up and have a cover over the rear seat. I just take a pillion occasionally, unless I can get my missus to get on the back
Old 10-05-2019, 07:02 PM   #5
SwinZ916

It is a Spark system. Both foot rest's miss the pipes.