UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » 1200 - more boot room please !

Old 01-05-2019, 01:02 PM   #1
sv650tim

1200 - more boot room please !

Hello,

Just bought my 1200 - first Ducati and I love it !!!! What a fantastic riding experience. Only bought bikes with the head up to now - and realise what I was missing out on !

My only gripe so far is the lack of boot room when you want to ride on the balls of your feet. Exhaust side is worse for me.

Other than buying new rearsets, it looks like there are two options to free up some room so your boot heel does not rub so much:

1) Aftermarket exhaust
2) Modification of standard exhaust heatshield

Has anyone had an experience of either of these options ? I like the Remus Hypercone end can but a UK supplier reports that the clearance is about the same as stock.

I think I'm going to try to fabricate a new heat shield for the standard exhaust to see if that might sort it. Will report back on success or otherwise !

Regards

Tim
Old 01-05-2019, 07:51 PM   #2
Moco1961

Welcome aboard Tim, glad you like the bike, pics are always good, I know a good ride out you can do this weekend too
Old 01-05-2019, 10:55 PM   #3
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I’m not sure if they’d fit but I imagine there must be a bunch of stock 1200R silencers out there, almost new that people might part with. They seem less intrusive than the base and S models. There are a couple of members here with Remus pipes, the ‘search’ menu at top of page is handy http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...archid=2974974

...and welcome aboard

Last edited by slob; 01-05-2019 at 10:58 PM..
slob is offline   Reply With Quote