UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Cambridge

Old 26-06-2009, 01:41 PM   #1
littlejimmy12

Cambridge

Can anyone recommend a good place for service in Cambridge, doesn't have to be a Ducati authorised just somewhere that someone else has used and can speak highly of

I know there;s a Ducati dealership in St Neots (I think) nut its too far

thxs

J
Old 26-06-2009, 07:49 PM   #2
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
There is'nt anyone in Cambridge, that i'm aware off, who services duc's.
The nearest dealer is Parkinsons in Colchester, there ok.
Personally, I go to Karl Harrison in Harleston, on the norfolk/sufflok boarder, most of the lads from the DOC in the east anglian club use Karl, plus quite a few of us on the forum who live in the area.
I can't comment on St Neots M/C's as I don't know anyone who goes to them for servicing.
Hope this helps.
Old 26-06-2009, 07:57 PM   #3
Snips

I use St Neots, and I'm very happy with the service all round.
Old 26-09-2009, 07:30 PM   #4
Ducatiwitch

Hi Snips,

I found this topic because I'm gonna come to St. Neots next week saturday to get my Monster 1100S. Seems Tony is a reliable man but that's my idea after several mails with him this last week. I'm happy to find out someone (you) is also writing here about the service because I was a little bit afraid just buying a bike on ebay without being able to see what's behind.
greets,
Conny 696+, oops, conny 1100s
Old 26-09-2009, 07:57 PM   #5
Snips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conny 696+ View Post
Hi Snips,

I found this topic because I'm gonna come to St. Neots next week saturday to get my Monster 1100S. Seems Tony is a reliable man but that's my idea after several mails with him this last week. I'm happy to find out someone (you) is also writing here about the service because I was a little bit afraid just buying a bike on ebay without being able to see what's behind.
greets,
Conny 696+, oops, conny 1100s
Cool, I think it's a great little dealership, and adds to the general feeling that owning and running a Ducati is a little less mainstream.

btw, I've cleared out my personal message mailbox now

Good luck with the new bike! What colour did you go for?
Old 27-09-2009, 02:18 PM   #6
He11cat

Karl is fantastic!!!!....... such a nice bloke and knows his stuff.......
service A1...... have to say he bent over backwards to do my bike, was ready when he said it would be and came in at a very good price.. He is exceptional.

unlike the garage my Kat is at ... who didn't get my bike back to me for the weekend as promised ... and slammed the phone down on me.. and then wouldn't say how much it was going to cost... if only Karl could do my other bike as well!! lol...
Old 08-10-2009, 06:59 PM   #7
Ducatiwitch

Saturday 3/10: After a long trip with the van I came to St. Neots to get my new Monster 1100S. Nice shop and kindly people and yes, the bike was ready to become mine. After all the paperwork and of course the exchange of a lot of the Queen's portraits they loaded my beauty into the van. A long trip back home, and ok, left driving wasn't that difficult I was happy to unload my Monster on Flemish ground.
Thanks for the nice welcome in St. Neots. Maybe I just have to go back there to get the service done too, a nice trip thru the lovely country.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:35 PM   #8
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
If you decide to come back to old blighty for your service, i'm sure we can show you a warm british welcome, combined with interesting roads and the odd beer!