UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » 1st annual service due soon

Old 31-03-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
1st annual service due soon

Im thinking forward in advance as my 1100s is coming up for her first birthday in June. The service will be minor around 2500+ miles by then and had a rough quote from P & H in crawley. Not too far away and some good roads cross country approx 60 miles there.They said around £150.

I need time off or a saturday so wondered if anything in London nearer.I dont fancy Ashford much yet or Protwins as they may replace something without asking

Any way thanks if you can recommend. I dont fancy going all the way back to Chichester but would go to Snells at a push
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2010, 08:26 PM   #2
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
If you want it done on a Sat Albie, then do check with the dealer that they offer the servicing on a Saturday. Some dont have full workshops running at the weekend, some do

CK
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2010, 09:17 PM   #3
walpole68

Mines being done at Snells in April along with a back tyre so you could always come too and try out the station cafe.
Old 31-03-2010, 09:31 PM   #4
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Could be worth a meet then fellas

Albie - remember you'll need to give the bike time to cool down on arrival if its being done while you wait, cafe is v good at Alton

CK
Old 31-03-2010, 11:23 PM   #5
StuartJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Im thinking forward in advance as my 1100s is coming up for her first birthday in June. The service will be minor around 2500+ miles by then and had a rough quote from P & H in crawley. Not too far away and some good roads cross country approx 60 miles there.They said around £150.

I need time off or a saturday so wondered if anything in London nearer.I dont fancy Ashford much yet or Protwins as they may replace something without asking

Any way thanks if you can recommend. I dont fancy going all the way back to Chichester but would go to Snells at a push
If you're in London go to Rosso Corse, they're open Saturdays and you can hang around the workshop whilst they service your bike.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:51 AM   #6
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Are Rosso now an authorised Ducati workshop?
Old 01-04-2010, 04:03 PM   #7
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Thats why I want to book in advance for a saturday. Or weeday I may well just book a couple of days off and have a ride to Snells. Maybe do a demo street fighter or multi stroodle.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:08 PM   #8
StuartJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK & AK View Post
Are Rosso now an authorised Ducati workshop?
I'm not really sure about them being an authorised Ducati workshop, they should be!!

Metropolis (an authorised Ducati workshop) gave a such sub standard service, charged me a fortune for it, and I had to take my bike elsewhere (Rosso Corse) to get fixed properly.

I like my brakes to work, I don't want to be charged over £40 for cheap brake pads, when I book my bike in at Metropolis for a service at 9am on a Friday I want them to start work on it, not wheel it into the workshop when I arrive at 5pm to pick it up and then tell me it won't be ready until Tuesday after the bank holiday. Who knows what else happens in the workshop.

What makes Rosso Corse so good is its transparency, you're right there with them as they service your bike. It's not in their interest to do a rush/bad job as they want their customers to be happy and come back, and they all do! The best thing, is picking up my bike after they've worked on it, looks and rides better than new, now that's what I want from a service!

They do need to change the radio station they listen to though! LOL

Last edited by StuartJames; 01-04-2010 at 07:13 PM..