UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » Wiltshire » Italian Auto Moto Festival 26/4

Old 17-01-2008, 11:30 AM   #16
The Kevlar Kid

Anyone from Beds / Bucks / Herts fancy riding over for this???

I've never been so will probably give it a go this year.
Old 17-01-2008, 11:47 AM   #17
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Dumb question... Is it just a bikes go here X marks the spot kind of thing or a free for all scrap for spots LOL ... Is there anything like UKMOC goes here??
Old 17-01-2008, 01:15 PM   #18
Devil Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kevlar Kid View Post
Anyone from Beds / Bucks / Herts fancy riding over for this???

I've never been so will probably give it a go this year.
Yes please!

Last edited by Devil Child; 17-01-2008 at 01:20 PM..
Old 17-01-2008, 01:27 PM   #19
giler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickj View Post
Dumb question... Is it just a bikes go here X marks the spot kind of thing or a free for all scrap for spots LOL ... Is there anything like UKMOC goes here??
The organisers keep all the bikes together, they wave you in and then it's a case of slotting in where you can.
Old 17-01-2008, 02:58 PM   #20
sadbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickj View Post
Bikes were allocated some side streets last year, they were filled up.

Duncan also organised with Riders of Bristol to have their demo trailor on site and a couple of bikes, this was used to store helmets where space was available and as a good focal point. Duncan is the local UKMOC rep.

Surprised Duncan hasn't put any input in yet, but knowing him he's prob in some far flung place enjoying himself (sorry meant working).
Old 17-01-2008, 05:12 PM   #21
Humbucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouSCannon View Post
Put it in the diary, might be a bit of a trek for me but will see....
Bit of a trek for me too, but if you fancy it, i'm only down the road from you
Old 17-01-2008, 07:49 PM   #22
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Got some doss space here for any far flung ppls as long as your ok with a bit of clutter LOL
Old 18-01-2008, 12:02 AM   #23
Shandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbex216 View Post
Whats up Andy......The missus not letting you out that weekend?
Nah but got a naughty weekend away planned with her for that weekend...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molemeister View Post
Thanks for getting my black S2R in the photo - fame at last!

Mike
Anytime, it was a good day out last year, the ride in made it, so many Dukes all in convoy.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by giler View Post
Darn my alzeimers, darn my alzeimers, darn...................
You old git.........lol....
Old 18-01-2008, 12:32 PM   #24
sadbiker

http://www.ducatisti.co.uk/forum/mee...04-2008-a.html
Old 18-01-2008, 12:54 PM   #25
Devil Child

Anyone know what we could do with a non-Italian set of wheels when we got there? We're thinking about bringing a VFR as well as the Monster (the Monster not being the most comfy pillion carrier ever and I'm being tempted to be brave and actually ride the thing...)
Old 18-01-2008, 01:01 PM   #26
JR

Plenty of places you can park a non Italian bike around the festival
area.
Old 18-01-2008, 01:40 PM   #27
sadbiker

There was a nice Z1 parked up just down from all the Ducatis.....
Old 21-01-2008, 12:15 PM   #28
TORTUGA

I am organising another ride in for this year. It will start at junction 19 of the M5 in the car park of the Easton In Gordanno services again, we will leave the services and turn left onto the A369 and imediatly turn right onto High Street towards Portbury village. Once in Portbury village we will follow the road around to the left and onto Mill Lane. The road will trist and turn up through forests and woods before meeting the B3128. At the junction with the B3128 we will turn left towards Failand and Bristol. We will follow this road and at the traffic light controlled crossroads, we will go straight accross following the signs for Bristol. The road will snake down through more forests until it reaches the A370 where we will cross the swing bridge at the Cumberland basin and head along the A4 into Bristol. We will follow the city centre signs and once on the city centre we will keep right and turn back on our selves and into Baldwin Street where we will take the first left at the Edwards Public House and over the dropped kerb into the parking area.

It will be a fantastic day and an opportunity to ride 9 miles of twisty roads through forests and waterfront with 100+ other Ducati V twins before relaxing in the biggest Italian street party in Britain.

Ride in will meet at 0900 with a departure of 0930.
Old 21-01-2008, 01:14 PM   #29
sadbiker

Lets hope your not the last one to turn up this time rich. I reckon you should be there first to buy us all a coffee. R...
Old 22-01-2008, 06:45 AM   #30
TORTUGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadbiker View Post
Lets hope your not the last one to turn up this time rich. I reckon you should be there first to buy us all a coffee. R...
I had to wait for the people that I was riding in with last year I wanted to be there first but ended up last As I now live in Portishead, I think I have a strong chance of being first