UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » For Sale » Headlamp Adapter Rings

Old 16-01-2018, 07:05 PM   #1
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Headlamp Adapter Rings

Almost a year on from the original prototype, I now have a batch of adapters for sale!
These are now well proven and a worthwhile hop up for Monsters with a round Bosch headlamp.
They allow the fitment of any 7" lamp unit in the standard Monster rim and shell.
They have been discussed at length here.. http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...adlamps&page=2

I have kits for sale comprising one Tricoya Extreme© adapter ring and 6 clips.
They are available in Satin Black and Gloss Gold.

Prices as follows;
Black or Gold. posted 2nd class £20.50 (add 50p for first class postage) In stock now.

Please enquire for overseas postage rates and surcharged areas.
Subtract £3 if you can collect, or if we can arrange collection at a club meet somewhere.

Drop me a PM if you're interested. These are only available to club members.

Disclaimer: This is a personal venture and is nothing to do with UKMOC. The club has no liability.
The kits are priced to make me a small profit which will go entirely on Norton Commando parts.. Give generously..

Note; These adapters do not fit some of the plastic headlamp shells fitted to the S2R range and the Sports Classic... Sorry! Please check that the diameter of the lens is 186mm from the outside.

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 01-11-2023 at 08:24 PM.. Reason: Availability restricted to club members.
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2018, 08:05 PM   #2
bobbertandsammy

Bike: M900
Satin black for me buddy, I’ll email and send payment later on tonight
bobbertandsammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2018, 08:08 PM   #3
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Thanks for your order.. Don't forget to put your delivery address on the mail..
Old 16-01-2018, 08:20 PM   #4
Darkness

Gold for me please Gary.
PayPal sent, with my address included as note.
Cheers.
Old 16-01-2018, 08:31 PM   #5
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Thanks for the Commando vouchers Darkness... Gold ring on it's way.
Old 17-01-2018, 11:38 AM   #6
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
These are brilliant.
I've been running one for a year or more now and it has been perfect.
Highly recommended.

And ps ... the Commando fund is an extremely worthy cause.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 12:47 PM   #7
Nottsbiker

Hi Gary

I've got a carbon headlight shell - do you think these will be ok with it?

I'm looking to keep the look of the M900 but lose the chrome so very interested in satin black if I can still run my lamp inside, or something that looks age-appropriate. Definitely not looking to run one of those naff looking triple LED things!

Cheers - Ben
Old 17-01-2018, 01:12 PM   #8
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Thanks for the plug Jeff..

Ben.
If you can still fit the original Bosch lamp unit into the rim you have (Carbon or Chrome), then the adapter ring should also fit. You will then be able to use an off the shelf 7" unit of your choice... I'm with you on the LED units, they are obviously a very good illuminator, but as you say, the looks don't suit a classic Monster... It's all down to taste.

I'll post a graphic picture this evening, to show how to measure a rim for suitability. It should measure 186mm (I think) across the opening in the rim.
Old 17-01-2018, 03:27 PM   #9
Nottsbiker

PM sent - thanks
Old 17-01-2018, 06:23 PM   #10
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Just to clarify.
The adapters replace the standard Bosch light unit. So remove the light unit and you should have a hole in the rim of 186mm within half a mil or so.

Drop the adapter into the inside of the rim, followed by your chosen 7" lamp unit.
The clips then require to be tucked under the rolled edge of the rim, inside.
Look closely at the pictures to confirm the orientation of the clips and note that they don't actually touch the adapter, but press onto the light unit to hold the whole lot firmly in place.

Ben, If you have a metal Bosch rim of the size stated above then you will have no problem. However I am not sure if you are implying that your rim is Carbon, as well as the shell.
If your rim is carbon, then the first requirement is the aperture size, after that it needs some form of groove in the back, replicating the rolled edge of the steel rim, to hold the legs of the clips.
I think that if you already have a Bosch light held in by wire clips, then the adapter and new clips should all work fine.... Sorry I haven't seen the inside of a Carbon rim so I am in the dark to some extent.

Just a suggestion here, but why don't you try Hydro-dipping your adapter and also your (metal?) rim, to match your shell?
Capo has shown me some carbon effect hydro-dipped parts on his bike, and I can't tell the difference between them, and the abundant real carbon.

Hope that helps?

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 17-01-2018 at 06:32 PM..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 06:45 PM   #11
Nottsbiker

Sorry I totally misunderstood the product on sale - i thought it was a matte black headlight rim.

I was hoping to replace the stock chrome rim with a matte black one and wasn't fussed about changing the actual reflector.

Sorry to have messed you about! Ben

PS work blocks pictures so couldn't see the original item when i looked at midday....soz!
Old 17-01-2018, 06:57 PM   #12
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I have a carbon shell and rim from Carbonvani (not fitted yet) but both would appear to replicate the rolled edges of the metal originals. The original chrome ring fits into the carbon shell just fine. I can't confirm if the carbon ring fits as I didn't take the chrome one off but it looks like it would.

I actually think the chrome ring and carbon shell would look pretty cool anyway.

Anyway Gazza as you may already know that a similar Bosch lamp is fitted to many Italian bikes from the '70's so it should also fit Guzzi. Laverda. Morini. Benelli etc so there is a potential market for you. The shell of my Mirage is different to the Monster one but the actual lamp part looks to be the same.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 07:03 PM   #13
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nottsbiker View Post
Sorry I totally misunderstood the product on sale - i thought it was a matte black headlight rim.

I was hoping to replace the stock chrome rim with a matte black one and wasn't fussed about changing the actual reflector.

Sorry to have messed you about! Ben

PS work blocks pictures so couldn't see the original item when i looked at midday....soz!
Ben, If you already have a carbon shell. I can tell you Carbonvani make a carbon rim to match, but it is almost as much as the shell they sell. They are hand made to order. I ordered mine through his facebook page.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 07:53 PM   #14
Jez900ie
Pleasantly surprised!

Bike: M900ie
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nottsbiker View Post
Definitely not looking to run one of those naff looking triple LED things!

Cheers - Ben
There's no accounting for taste...

One night you might find yourself riding in the dark (even with your OEM headlamp on its still dark!) and your thoughts could wander to "Oh I wish I could really see" Then again you could be a Brit bike enthusiast and like not being able to see as it reminds you of the bad old days of "Lucas the Prince of Darkness" LOL

LED FTW!

Joking aside, anyone considering one of these rings and being in anyway unsure don't be. Mine has been on the bike for around a year and its as good as the first day I put it on. Well made and well worth the money.

PS. Nottsbiker you are right it is a bit ugly...

Last edited by Jez900ie; 17-01-2018 at 08:23 PM..
Jez900ie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 08:05 PM   #15
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

I may well take a black one for the future look if you can put one aside for me. I actually got electrics on bike now and headlights working. It may well get changed up as I also have an LED rear light replacement on standby
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote