UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » For Sale » Later this year

Old 30-09-2018, 05:04 PM   #1
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Later this year

I've just got a old new S2R tank which has been cooking over the summer and is now the right size again. It's all sealed and off for painting early October. Excitingly it actually touches where it should and ... oh joy and bliss ... the tank hinges without removing the hinge pin
This leaves me with a swollen tangerine/black stripe S2R tank that really isn't any use to me.

If it's left in a warm place for a few months it will shrink back down to, if not to original spec then pretty close when it could be re-used once it's been sealed against the evil that is ethanol. The breather tubes need a clean out. I suspect the blockages are at the alloy breather pipe nipples on the base of the tank, one has broken off, the remaining one is cack.
Then if you have a badly scagged tank then it is probably going to be an improvement, eventually!!

Anyone interested? You'd need to collect and to offset the cost of getting here I'm happy for you to feel free to name your own price.
It's that or £100+ on ebay ... bargain
Old 01-10-2018, 09:57 AM   #2
mickj

Bike: M1200s
What did you seal the tank with?
Old 01-10-2018, 08:02 PM   #3
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
I used flowliner but any of the slow cure expoxies would do the same.
It is a pain getting it all round the inside of the tank but a look with a little scope says I only missed a few tiny areas which I think will do fine.
It's also white so it much easier to see where you are with the stuff unlike caswell which is clear.

Just leave the tank to dry off for as long as you can. Mine was sitting in my shed over the summer where it got and stayed nice and warm, plu there was a dehumidifier making sure that the air was dry (so sucking out more moisture)
I had a pack of frame screws so used them to prep the tank inside once dry. Put them in and shake lots then wonder where that last screw has got jammed!!