UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Back with a M900 series I

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 21-06-2017, 09:20 PM   #346
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
These were redone too.

Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2017, 09:56 PM   #347
Dukedesmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
[/URL]
Looking good, only comment I would make is the rear cylinder oil return line looks a little short.

If you can get a slightly longer one so that it curves upwards a little more it will allow the cylinder jacket to completely fill with oil - too short and you may have a permanent air 'pocket' meaning the cylinder will run hotter?

If they're the only two you've got, I'd swap them over as the one on the front cylinder is longer and that will fill OK anyway due to the height of the return hole.

Last edited by Dukedesmo; 21-06-2017 at 09:58 PM..
Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2017, 10:09 PM   #348
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Yea, I'd say try swapping, front line too long and back a little short. I doubt it ever looked better though, Ducati wouldn't have taken so much time and care on finishing as you have.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2017, 10:43 PM   #349
Nasher

Thanks Albie, worth knowing if I find a pair that are good enough to have a go at re-plating.

I don't have any at the moment.

Nasher
Old 21-06-2017, 10:49 PM   #350
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukedesmo View Post
Looking good, only comment I would make is the rear cylinder oil return line looks a little short.

If you can get a slightly longer one so that it curves upwards a little more it will allow the cylinder jacket to completely fill with oil - too short and you may have a permanent air 'pocket' meaning the cylinder will run hotter?

If they're the only two you've got, I'd swap them over as the one on the front cylinder is longer and that will fill OK anyway due to the height of the return hole.
It's only a dry component run They are original and have natural bends but what you cannot see is the alternator cover is about 25mm away from casings. I may have them wrong way round but can check back as one has a plastic ring around pipe

Just checked and is correct way around here is old pic on buying day

Last edited by Albie; 22-06-2017 at 08:09 PM..
Old 21-06-2017, 10:51 PM   #351
Dukedesmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
front line too long and back a little short.
I wonder if the short one isn't originally from a carb heater oil feed? as I think they use a short line between the float bowls?

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2017, 11:01 PM   #352
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukedesmo View Post
I wonder if the short one isn't originally from a carb heater oil feed? as I think they use a short line between the float bowls?
No I have that one and has a 90 bend
It's all good and no need to panic
Old 22-06-2017, 08:30 AM   #353
Darkness

Quote:

Sub assembly plated parts on sprocket hub carrier too starter motor fitted belt covers etc and painted oil cooler and drying curing nicely in this summer heat.

The sprocket is a good match for the original JT one: it's got nearly all of the holes. Are you going to give it a coat of satin black paint?
Old 22-06-2017, 08:56 AM   #354
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
The sprocket is a good match for the original JT one: it's got nearly all of the holes. Are you going to give it a coat of satin black paint?
No I like the colour and finish. Not going 100% anal. Don't want to ruin it
Old 22-06-2017, 09:58 AM   #355
benson

Looking lovely Albie - well done!
Old 22-06-2017, 08:05 PM   #356
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Spent this evening putting new fork seals and bushes in the forks. Not the greatest of fun jobs but not within capabilities. Still got a spare set anyhow to mess around with.
So just have to get the oil tomorrow and fill them to correct level possibly + 10ml as advised.

They don't look so bad but they do have marks here and there but at least they have more gold colour.

That's all folks..

Old 25-06-2017, 09:37 PM   #357
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

So finally have the front end loosely done complete other than the brake fluids and crush washers fitted to clutch and brake lines. Finally l figured out my brake line error and now fitted with correct length triple line with splitter.

I got the small paddock stand and rear from our MOB guy Sven and suits the bike lift just and was specific for Monster Showa I believe.

Sussed out the oil cooler lines and originally was correct with how I had it and had to put it back the way I did it. Now I need to find some more oil line banjos x 5 which have been awol it seems.

Last edited by Albie; 25-06-2017 at 09:41 PM..
Old 26-06-2017, 11:10 AM   #358
benson

That's looking good Albie - Shiny!!!
Old 01-07-2017, 06:39 PM   #359
Darkness

Quote:
It's only a dry component run They are original and have natural bends but what you cannot see is the alternator cover is about 25mm away from casings. I may have them wrong way round but can check back as one has a plastic ring around pipe

Just checked and is correct way around here is old pic on buying day

Here's how they look on my '93:

Last edited by Darkness; 01-07-2017 at 07:23 PM..
Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:52 PM   #360
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

All my pics are gone thanks to Pooh Bucket but will check it out. My blog is now up to date after password got lost and Ladybird had to sort me one out as its a UKMOC email address she owns.

Mark thanks for backing up oil line saga and is the same as mine. Thanks also for email about clips that still needs looking at when other comes along next week.

Sorted out the breather pipes from carbs or maybe drain overflow pipes they may be. Had to get some more silicon tube this time 6mm dia and fits ok. If anyones looking though 5mm might be a nicer size and found this in a site that sells it for fishing lures as its sold in multi bright colours.
Fitted the 4 bearings SKF to the belt tensioners and the one same size to the clutch pressure plate.

Does anyone have a spare rear brake caliper retainer clip and pin as mine was shabby but was re plated and seems to be missing lately even though I know I saw it recently. No problem if not as available as spares.

Just the minor service stuff to order from Moto Rapido this week. Thinking I should order the bearings from the camshaft as were removed from heads even though they seem to be in good order and run nice along with the oil seal. Hardly seems worth the risk.