UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Pics with clip ons? Post em!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-05-2015, 08:21 PM   #16
Flip

Bike: M900
Tomaselli for me albeit not on a Monster and perhaps a little sparse for road use and with only about four inches between lock to lock might make U turns a bit awkward but Google them and you'll find they do make several types that'll fit a Monster.

Jota(ish) style on a Monster:
Old 04-05-2015, 08:45 AM   #17
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Actually, proper Jota bars would work pretty well with the standard center clamp. I would have been tempted to try it myself but I have an S4 so no center clamp.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:55 AM   #18
Dave G
Imagineer

Bike: S2r

This is an old photo but apart from new forks it still like this
Old 04-05-2015, 09:22 AM   #19
JMH900sie

What about the cheap eBay clip ons? Any good?

I mean, money's bit hugely available right now...... And 30 quid for a pair seems decent!

Joe
Old 04-05-2015, 10:09 AM   #20
Dave G
Imagineer

If your searching ebay then some clip ons sold for GSXR and R1 fittings will fit our forks too, cant remember offhand which years but it widens the choice considerably.
Old 04-05-2015, 10:13 AM   #21
JMH900sie

The top of out fork tubes is 50mm..... Any that size will fit
Old 04-05-2015, 11:47 AM   #22
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Personally, I'd have no worries about buying cheap Chinese clip-ons.
They're a fairly straightforward, simple component and Chinese ally is as good as anyone else's.
I'd probably pick a design that didn't look too flimsy though.
And I'd possibly go for silver anodising to avoid potential fade.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 01:30 PM   #23
AmoK

Got couple of those at home, one pair is in the bike now.
Word of warning, they might not fit as you would hope. This of course depends on the design you use, so pick well, or prepare to buy couple of them.
The problem I had was that there was not really enough space for the brake and clutch master cylinders, so that the levers are not in correct angle, which forces your wrists to a nasty position.
(similar to these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CNC-50mm-C...item2ed360dee0)
I'll post some pics once I get home...

I'm going to fit the other pair later this week and try them out, should be a bit better.
(http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2715716414...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT)
Quality is not too bad, they are pretty simple parts, but the bars are quite thick tubes.

Just looking at these: (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-Unive...item3aa82c7e01) I would recon that the clip on might hit your tank, or limit your turning range. At least in my bike it is not very far, and this design has the bolts in such a direction that it might not be good. Don't know for sure though..
Old 04-05-2015, 02:58 PM   #24
JMH900sie

Can you please chuck some pics of the ones your putting on up, once they're fitted? I was thinking of getting the same ones, but was thinking the riser bit might not clear the yokes

If not, the last type is the ones I'm going for

Joe
Old 04-05-2015, 05:54 PM   #25
Dave G
Imagineer

There's been loads of guys fitting clip ons in the past, have a trawl through some of the old posts and you'll find the same things being asked about in most of them too.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...archid=2485109

The trickiest thing about the whole excercise is fitting it all back together in a smaller space, it's a puzzle with no particular right or wrong way, just trial amd arror.

I will say that a double banjo bolt on the master cylinder will cause you no end of grief to refit, as will packing a (now) too long brake hose back in there, reading through the old threads will highlight what to expect.

It's not difficult BTW, just frustrating, and will take longer than you thought.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:18 PM   #26
AmoK

Yea, well.. I kind of "cheated" and put the clip-ons on top of the triple =) This way I was able to drop the front a bit and kept the bars higher... The other option would have been woodcraft with 2,5-3" rise, which were a bit off my budget at the moment... It is still a big drop, when compared to the original handlebars.

So this is how it is now:

and here is the issue I mentioned about the angle, might be nothing for shorter rider...

About mounting them under the top triple, I don't know. I would say its not going to fit, but it just might.
This last pic is the bars full on left side, there really is not much space.

Now check how the fixing screws on the last link, they might be little tight fit. Maybe something like this might fit better (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clip-on-Ha...item4ae3b075fb) or this (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tarazon-50...item1e9d3813f9)
Old 04-05-2015, 06:19 PM   #27
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Yep, agreed. The single 1 into 2 brake line will fit back again but not very well and the pipework is all contorted. I was thinking that a double banjo with 2 lines would be better but that again might still be a problem but having 2 brake lines would be better to work with. That is what I'm hoping anyway.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 06:53 PM   #28
JMH900sie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmoK View Post
Yea, well.. I kind of "cheated" and put the clip-ons on top of the triple =) This way I was able to drop the front a bit and kept the bars higher... The other option would have been woodcraft with 2,5-3" rise, which were a bit off my budget at the moment... It is still a big drop, when compared to the original handlebars.

So this is how it is now:

and here is the issue I mentioned about the angle, might be nothing for shorter rider...

About mounting them under the top triple, I don't know. I would say its not going to fit, but it just might.
This last pic is the bars full on left side, there really is not much space.

Now check how the fixing screws on the last link, they might be little tight fit. Maybe something like this might fit better (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clip-on-Ha...item4ae3b075fb) or this (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tarazon-50...item1e9d3813f9)
Can you post a pic of your other ones up?
Old 04-05-2015, 07:42 PM   #29
AmoK

I will, as soon as get then mounted.
Old 04-05-2015, 10:20 PM   #30
Willthedub

Rizoma top yoke with m-factory clip ons

Probably be selling this set up soon