UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » 1993 M900- It begins.....

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 22-05-2015, 10:36 AM   #1
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
re. the bits of crud in the cases....
Whether or not the system can deal with a few bits and pieces in the sump, if you know there were any left in there it will dig at your nerves for a while.
Maybe its best to make every possible effort to extract as much as you possibly can while you have the chance.
To which end I was thinking that if you taped a longish piece of thin, flexible tubing into the hoover nozzle you might be able to use that to get at the more inaccessible areas.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2015, 10:09 PM   #2
spacemonkey
I see dead people.

Location: Carving a slice thru the braindead masses..(pun intended)
Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
re. the bits of crud in the cases....
Whether or not the system can deal with a few bits and pieces in the sump, if you know there were any left in there it will dig at your nerves for a while.
Maybe its best to make every possible effort to extract as much as you possibly can while you have the chance.
To which end I was thinking that if you taped a longish piece of thin, flexible tubing into the hoover nozzle you might be able to use that to get at the more inaccessible areas.

Good idea. Apart from thin oil, does anyone know of anything that is safe to flush through as well just in case?

Is the oil filter pickup right at the bottom? Does the oil and debris go through a pump before the filter or after? Last time the engine was apart, the so called Ducati expert managed to drop a long piece of support bracket wire that holds th efuel or breather pipes to the carbs. And the engine was fine for 1000 miles until I found it dropping out of the sump when I changed the oil.....

Can I get the heads/barrels blasted on the outside only? I'm intent on leaving the piston in the barrels, but am very tempted with soda blasting but admit I know nothing about it. I assume I can mask off the innner parts, but if so, how? Tape??
spacemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2015, 08:59 PM   #3
spacemonkey
I see dead people.

Oi can't read and Oi can't write, but it don't really matter,
'Cos I was born down in Darzet, and Oi can drive a trattor....

Darzet born and Darzet bread- strong in the arm and fick in the 'ead...
Old 27-06-2015, 11:31 PM   #4
spacemonkey
I see dead people.

Has a nice white tacho but borning black everything else, with nasty 80's Ford style green backlighting. Uurgh... just got some red LEDs to convert that and make me feel more at home.
Old 16-07-2015, 09:42 PM   #5
spacemonkey
I see dead people.

IIRC it was one of the breather pods under the airbox. It was definitely somewhere enclosed and quite a suprise when I found it.

In other news, I got the heads back yesterday. I asked for the oil seals to be done but he rebuilt the whole heads and lapped valves etc so quite pleased really. Also got my Indian racing jumper in the post! Just gotta get my Indian now...