UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Biker Friendly Cafes/Hotels etc » Biking in New Zealand

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2007, 07:17 PM   #1
Duncan

Biking in New Zealand

The last few weeks I have been away working in Auckland, New Zealand.

On walking into the Palace Bar opposite the hotel one night I ran into the pleasant bar maid Larissa who was sporting a New Zealand Motorcycle Rentals T shirt.

Turns out that as well as working and living at the bar, she runs the premier motorcycle rental business in Kiwi land. http://www.nzbike.com/2004/default.asp

I had been wondering what to do on my last weekend in NZ and she duly suplied me with a septic yellow SV650 for 3 days from their fleet of Bandits, Diversions, SVs, GS's, VFR's etc etc.

Visit the web site http://www.nzbike.com/2004/default.asp its all they claim and then some!!!.

I rode the Pacific Coast Highway onto the Coramandel Peninsula on brilliant twisty roads ideally suited to the SV, then got down to Rotorua to see the Geysers and geothermal activity. On the way I took in Hot Water Beach where at low ide you can dig pools and sit in them as they fill with hot water from underground and the fantastic Cathedral Cove. I wish I had another 6 months to see the rest of the country, ride the 90 mile beach, see the North and East Capes, the Bay of Islands, the south Island etc etc..

They organised brilliant Autumn weather with hot sun on all days and even supplied the bike gear for me to wear.

You can ride all day on the best roads you have ever ridden with stunning scenery round every bend. Theres no traffic, and drivers are considerate and give you space and allow you to pass. Its biking heaven.

For anyone getting over there, they have offices on North and South Island so its dead convenient. This is gilt edged, gold plated biking.

When I get a moment I will post some pics but for anyone who wants an amazing biking holiday thats a bit different contact them, I can wholeheartedly recommend it. tours@nzbike.com