UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » White Stuff in Oil Window

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2004, 10:12 AM   #1
JJCool

White Stuff in Oil Window

Hello,

Can anyone help or give advice, I have the usual White stuff on the Oil Filler window, More than normal, In fact i cant read the oil even though i know its at the max level, The white stuff gathered in the Oil filler cap as well, its a bit guey!! but not really stickey this happened when i took her out for a run (30Mins), for the first time in a long time, It was to warm her up before an oil change, I have changed the oil and filter and im confidant its at the max level. (skill and judgement LOL, Made a make shift dip stick), My only explination is that the bike was running hot (previous owner had oil cooler set for winter changed that back now) and moisture in the engine has gathered on the window and in the filler cap as these would be cooler than the rest of the engine.... Anyway will this do any damage and is there an easy way to get rid of it or will it just desolve into the oil over time (now that ive changed the oil) Any advice or help. To give me pieace of mind please....PS the bike runs perfect otherwise and has full Ducati history, No smoke or any adverse noise 7K on clock, 3 Major services.........

Cheers

JJ