UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » 1100 evo 2012 not starting

Old 25-06-2023, 03:09 PM   #1
peterd555

Bike: M1100evo
1100 evo 2012 not starting

Hi All new to the forum
Having problems starting my 1100 evo 2012
Have spark, good compression and have just removed tested and cleaned injectors
Have tried new battery, fuel pump, fuel filter and new fuel
Cant smell any fuel at the plugs or exhaust
Have run out of ideas can anyone help 🙏 please
peterd555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2023, 07:58 PM   #2
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Have you tried new plugs? Sometimes even if you get a spark with the plug removed, it fails under compression.
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2023, 09:24 PM   #3
rollo22

Is the alternative battery new? If not it could be a bit weak and when you put it all back together and press go there is not enough juice in the battery to spark it up.
Is the fuel fresh eg under 2 months old.
Check earth connections and starter connection as well could be gunged up and a huge amp draw.
Old 25-06-2023, 11:13 PM   #4
Luddite

Welcome aboard and sorry you're having problems with your Evo.

Is this starting issue something that has just happened or is the bike new to you and you've never had it running? If the bike was a runner and the problem has developed recently, did you do anything to the bike prior to this issue, e.g. remove the tank, which could have caused it?

Also, when you turn on the ignition, can you hear the fuel pump priming for a second or two?

Do you see any error codes if you cycle through the menu options with the left bar switchgear?
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2023, 08:13 AM   #5
mickj

Bike: M1200s
Welcome to the forum peterd555. If there is no smell of petrol on the I would check the fuel pump again, has a similar problem with my GSX1400. Have you tried damp start?
Old 26-06-2023, 09:30 AM   #6
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
I bought my M900Sie as a non runner and traced the problem to the connectors on the loom that plug into the injectors.
All the contacts registered a signal on the pins but nothing got thorough when plugged to the injectors. New connectors cured it and it's been trouble free for the last ten years.
I was able to feel the jets of fuel on my finger when I reached down past the open butterflies. (Don't do that with a diesel!!)
Well worth checking that the injectors work on the loom and work back to the pump from there.

There's some interesting info on the fuel system here. http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=39677
Old 27-06-2023, 06:48 AM   #7
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Firstly was it working before. Did you take tank off for any other reason ie battery replace. Have you for any reason got the fuel connectors connected wrong way around.
Theres very little goes wrong under them unlike early models with rubber lines. Fuel sender and pump connected ok no bent pins I take it.
You say new filter etc and I dont want to assume but all correctly in the flow direction to pump etc. I diagnosed Tony's s4 the other day which turned out to be rotten pipes 15 yr old filter and a line off inside. Sounds like fuel starvation but I think it must be inside the tank not coming out of it.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote