UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » noobie

Old 15-05-2010, 04:53 PM   #1
woodydoo

noobie

Hi all, well I have just got my first Ducati and its a Monster 600 X reg. I normally join a forum that caters for the bike I own (I have 6 bikes lol) as these places are just great for help and a chat with like minded owners. Got to say first thoughts are the site looks great I just hope I can give back as much info and help as I will need . Well here is a pic of my new project, she runs rides spot on and just needs abit of tlc. Oh and please feel free to put a value on her as she stands, I wont be offended and after a get a few answers I will tell you how much she cost. I would just like to find out if I have been ripped off. Thanks all Woody

Last edited by woodydoo; 27-05-2010 at 01:49 PM..
Old 15-05-2010, 05:06 PM   #2
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Hi and welcome. Looks a tidy enough bike and some different mods to most. I dont think they are termis though just stickers. Look like Sil Motor ones and they are as good if not better made. Check them out and get some correct stickers off the ebay.

Its hard to put a value on her as some want standard original and it depends on service history.I would personally value it at around £1200 -£1500 depending on history. I paid £950 for an original m'plate 600ss but that was fairly bargain price and in good condition.

Good to have you on the forum and enjoy the banter advice and the freindlyness. Get to meet up locally with others. Most of us dont bite.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2010, 05:32 PM   #3
big pete

WELCOME
Old 15-05-2010, 10:40 PM   #4
Pomp1

Yep,Albie is right, they're Sil not Termis, I've got some and I love them as they're round rather than oval,they've also been modified to clear the hangers. Hard to put a price on the bike. Around the £1200 depending on mileage/history. She looks tidy enough and looked after, but more importantly if you like her, well, she's worth every penny.OH BTW.. welcome
PS. no side stand?
Old 15-05-2010, 11:33 PM   #5
woodydoo

Thanks for the welcome guys. The bloke before me had the bike fall off the stand so removed it as he said it was rubbish. Yes they are Sil Motor well spotted lol and shes ok but far from mint, just needs a loving touch lol. So you say between £1000-£1200 wow, well you going to laugh at this I brought her yesterday for the massive sum of £xxxx and she runs and rides sweet and to top it off she is still moted . So I now know how much I can safely spend on goodies for her lol. Im a Mechanical Technician in the RAF and have had bikes since I was 8. Ive built over 5 specials and owned endless types of bikes but since I broke my neck I cant ride sports bikes so I tend to build streetfighters. Ive never owned a ducati but the monster just fits the bill for me and where I would normally be searching for forks, plastics and light units I can now just deal with paint and shiney bits lol. Dont know why I didnt get one before lol.

Last edited by woodydoo; 27-05-2010 at 01:48 PM..
Old 15-05-2010, 11:35 PM   #6
Pomp1

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodydoo View Post
Thanks for the welcome guys. The bloke before me had the bike fall off the stand so removed it as he said it was rubbish. Yes they are Sil Motor well spotted lol and shes ok but far from mint, just needs a loving touch lol. So you say between £1000-£1200 wow, well you going to laugh at this I brought her yesterday for the massive sum of £200 and she runs and rides sweet and to top it off she is still moted . So I now know how much I can safely spend on goodies for her lol.
You win the prize for bargain of the year by a mile..
Old 16-05-2010, 06:33 AM   #7
retskcid

Welcome and well done

Btw - does that centre stand stick out a mile with those high level cans? I had to chop the horn off one I fitted to my which made it interesting getting onto the stand!
Old 16-05-2010, 09:16 PM   #8
Hoolie

welcome and well done on your bargain monster buy!
Old 16-05-2010, 09:31 PM   #9
weimeranerman

Welcome Woody!