UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Insurance question

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-06-2008, 07:57 PM   #1
neilbaldry

Insurance question

an honest simple question, that needs no sarcasm, or belittling comments please!

Will i see a noticable drop in the cost of my insurance next time i renew, as i am 25 this year - i also now have a clean licence..........
Old 12-06-2008, 08:08 PM   #2
damon

How long you had it for? 2+ years is normally a good start and then no claims
Old 12-06-2008, 08:13 PM   #3
neilbaldry

ive had my bike licence since i was 19 (5 years), and i have 2 whole years noclaims! whereas my car, i have 7 years noclaims! w00t!
Old 12-06-2008, 08:21 PM   #4
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Bike: M620ie
Why don't you try it out on one of those comparison online things?

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:14 PM   #5
Dave G
Imagineer

Bike: S2r
Its a given that insurance gets cheaper as you get older,as long as you dont have lots of claims.

I was the same age as you are now....when you were born!

Thats why I can insure a couple of bikes for less than your one!
Old 12-06-2008, 09:24 PM   #6
Scotty

in a word no

they will bleet on about oooh no the age theres a massive drop is 30
and is there ? no there isnt

what you need to do is find the cheapest i mean the cheapest quote ever and play the same game again next year con artists that they are, you need to do a load of phoneing loads
its rubbish and is half the reason my premium is so high
Old 12-06-2008, 09:51 PM   #7
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbaldry View Post
an honest simple question, that needs no sarcasm, or belittling comments please!..
Damn!! There goes my reply

The biggest drop is through no claims, then it trickles down slightly over the years but you still need to shop around. LOL Then I spect it'll go up again with rising age.
Old 13-06-2008, 08:35 AM   #8
NewMon
Titanium Member

Bike: M600
I am now of that age where insurance IS cheaper but my experience is that it took a long time. Each time I reached an age 'milestone' like 21, 25, 30 etc. the insurance industry found some excuse like 'oh the hurricane damage needs to be paid for we're putting up all premiums this year'.
NewMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2008, 08:42 AM   #9
scrapps

My bike insurance is very good and thru ducati insurance,but this year my car ins went from £406 to 484. I gave them a call to ask why as I turned 40 this year and have full no claims.
they could not say why,i said its not good and if they did not change it I would be forced shop around again.. they then managed to offer me the same ins for £397.00 with some extras to keep my custom..
it pays to talk to them (con artists)
Old 13-06-2008, 02:55 PM   #10
neilbaldry

yeah, im with Ducati Insurance too. they are pretty good, i mean, i had 3 points on my licence (SP30) from my car, and the last renewel with 2 years noclaims was about 330 TPFT, and im 24.

my car is with direct line, and its a 2001 VW Polo 1.4, and fully comp its about 100 less..........
Old 13-06-2008, 02:57 PM   #11
retskcid

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbaldry View Post
an honest simple question, that needs no sarcasm, or belittling comments please!

Will i see a noticable drop in the cost of my insurance next time i renew, as i am 25 this year - i also now have a clean licence..........
feck, i feel old...still at least i can insure 2 bikes for less than £150.

Last edited by retskcid; 13-06-2008 at 02:59 PM..
Old 13-06-2008, 02:59 PM   #12
neilbaldry

Quote:
Originally Posted by retskcid View Post
feck, i feel old...
fear not fella, with age comes experience!

and Nickj, i will excuse you for a bit of sarcasm! just this once tho!
Old 13-06-2008, 04:30 PM   #13
mad_turnips

yep i turned 25 this year and my insurance dropped by about 100 quid but have had 8 years no claims costs me about 350 fully comp riders polocy with europe cover and legal cover
Old 14-06-2008, 03:46 AM   #14
alreadyinuse

wait till you turn 30 my insurance is £153 including legal fully comp only 2 years no claims
Old 14-06-2008, 08:25 AM   #15
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Been around £100 ish for a few years, the last write off did blip it up a teensy bit for a while, sucky considering the other driver was at fault (plod offered her prosecution or re-education course) so penalise me!
A serious question .. Does this mean that I'm old and crusty, loose the teensy fashion sense I ever had and have to wear those smelly old ppls clothes??
LOL Means I could wear those incontinence pants, not only pad the ass but extend riding distances