UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Ducati let-down

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 17-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #16
Nottsbiker

Have you thought about searching the web for a friendly Ducati employee who might be able to help?

When we went to the factory in 2009 I was in communication with an English man who worked there and was going to meet up with us and give us a tour himself - talk about friendly! Anyways whilst I've lost his details you need to find the right person. I'm going to guess that your emails are simply getting deleted because the person reading them doesnt know what to do / cant be bothered.

Some of the staff at the UK Ducati dealerships are ridiculously friendly so that would be my first point of call to see if they can suggest anyone at the factory.
Old 17-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #17
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Audi will produce CoCs though...

could Ducati's reluctance in this case be to do with model differences between US and Euro markets?
according to http://www.eurococ.eu/en/certificate_of_conformity the vehicle's first registartion would have to be in the EU as far as I can see.
"Vehicles without the EU specification (e.g. vehicle manufactured for the U.S. or Japanese market) and older vehicles that have not been given the type approval of the EC yet, do not have an existing COC. Similarly, it is not possible to issue a COC for converted vehicles."

pm sent

Last edited by slob; 17-05-2012 at 12:14 PM..
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2012, 11:11 AM   #18
slob

if you;re reading this grifgs, please check your PMs, I haven't hit a wall yet...
Old 18-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #19
Nottsbiker

Fingers crossed you get it sorted for him mate
Old 18-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #20
slob

I suspect the problems will start once the VIN is supplied, as the US market model may have technical differences from the EU model, at which point borrowing the relevant pipes, headlight etc. and SVA will still be the only way forward. KPH clocks and the immobiliser will present their own set of problems.
Old 18-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #21
crust
rattles when he walks

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffs View Post

Well the bike left the factory with all of the above stamps and requirement, except that the engine mapping is altered to take into account the higher controls in the USA. Therefore in my opinion, the bike exceeds the requirements for Europe so there shoud be no problem getting a certificate. Thats not what Ducati say.
Speaking as a quality manager responsible for product compliance and international certification the words "in my opinion" count for nothing.

If I want to issue a COC for our products then it stays on file and I am responsible for it in perpetuity, even if I leave this company and move to another. I recently dealt with a case of a faulty product manufactured over ten years ago, the first thing the investigator did was 'caution' me - "anything you say etc"

Whoever signs that COC is making themselves responsible, in moderns times of high fines for non-compliance and no-win no fee legal people signing stuff is not something you do based on opinion.

I can see why it may take some persuading for somebody to do this.
crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #22
griffs

Indeed, so can I. But, rather than a closed door I would like it cracked open a little so I can at least speak through the gap.

As you said ... "anything you say". But I presume in that case you did give a response other than ... "no comment".

I expect defeat, but at least I will have tried.