UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Finally bought A Monster....but which exhaust?

Old 07-02-2016, 11:12 AM   #1
nabsteel78

Finally bought A Monster....but which exhaust?

Hi Everyone

Late last year i finally bought a 1996 M600 Monster. Runs, looks and is in great condition. Ive prepped it for the winter as i won't be riding in this weather! Don't do cold and rain anymore! I really can't wait for spring to arrive

So I'm going to tinker with it over the winter until the good weather starts. Timing belts and new clutch plates first....little rattly (i know they are more rattly than a Japanese bike) and tricky to get into neutral sometimes. Also i think i would like to put some aftermarket exhausts on the bike. I do like the sound of the monster but i would like it to be a little more, well, deeper and ballsy without being to loud and annoying all my neighbours!

What have people put on the their bikes? What would you recommend as a cracking exhaust, any good/bad experiences and what are the pitfalls installing different exhausts?

Thanks In advance
Old 07-02-2016, 11:43 AM   #2
Nottsbiker

Are you after low mount or high mounts?

Hazarding a guess at lows I'm going to core the stock silencers which gives you the option of rebuilding them exactly how you like sound wise if you are handy with a grinder, drill and welder
Old 07-02-2016, 11:55 AM   #3
nabsteel78

not sure i want to start grinding, welding and drilling!
After i posted i realised should have said i would actually like high mounted exhausts.

not sure what there is out there?
Old 07-02-2016, 12:09 PM   #4
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
It'll annoy the neighbours anyway, just a matter of how much.

Arrows .. Termi's ... or any number of ppl around that'll make you a custom set if you want.
Also there's going to be more choice, alloy, stainless, carbon.

Go with what pleases you, it's got to make you smile while everyone else is frowning (or cowering under the bed sheets )
Old 07-02-2016, 12:18 PM   #5
Flip

Bike: M900
There are plenty of high level options out there but personally I'd be aware that if your bike is tail chopped they can look a little 'wheel barrow' like and depending upon our view can also make the standard footrests look odd as opposed to a nice pair or rear sets.

(I'd wager this is actually for a 600 rather than a 620 as they list it for a 750 and 900)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Official-D...QAAOSwys5WVeZ1

These Mivv ones look good with the original footrests and still use the mounting point making them look a lot more like they are supposed to be on the bike, if that makes sense?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exhaust-MI...8AAOSw9r1WDTp4
Old 07-02-2016, 12:36 PM   #6
Darkness

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabsteel78 View Post
....i would actually like high mounted exhausts.
Hi level cans and link pipes are fairly interchangeable between m600, m750 and m900 models, but can vary to suit the different tea tray and seat lock arrangements pre and post 2000 facelift.

Check for clearance to the indicators, and width between cans to fit in the number plate: it's not always an 11" gap between the cans when fitted.

Also check you are getting any associated spacers for the footrest hangers if needed.

The wheel barrow look previously mentioned is best avoided [IMHO], unless you like it.
Old 07-02-2016, 09:20 PM   #7
Upperoilcan

Check out Danmoto ! I have the GP cans on mine and they give off a right rumble !!