UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » For Sale » 2000 M900 Sie, wee bit of advice needed

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2020, 05:30 PM   #1
rbt1548

Bike: M900sie
2000 M900 Sie, wee bit of advice needed

Hi Guys, I need a wee bit of assistance here.

Over the past few years I have been at odds with my motorcycling, I have had a number of bikes and haven't really settled with any. I have not been without a bike for over 45 years and I have used them for commuting , holidays etc., I'm sure we've all been there. I have come to the stage where I realise it probably is not the bikes not suiting me but me who has lost that bit of enthusiasm of motorcycling, it probably started when I had a plate put in my left arm which causes me some pain when I ride sometimes.

So!!!!.. I am thinking of selling my Monster and taking a break from motorcycling, I am heading to visit relatives for the next couple of weeks and will decide for definite when I am away.

I do not know how much to ask for it should I decide to sell it, this is where I need the help. I have looked on the internet over the past month or two and prices are not consistent for the M900 far less the M900Sie, ranging from about £3,500 to over £5,000, I was thinking somewhere in the middle?

To give you an idea of what mine is, for price, it's a 2000 M900Sie with 28,000 m, it's all original with all the carbon bits and alloy bars, adjustable shocks, even the small under swinging arm mud flap etc still on it, only non original, as far as I am aware is a billet sprocket cover, but I have the original, and the side stand cut out switch has been removed but I still have it. Tyres are Pirelli Angels with 5mm rear, 4.5 mm front on the tread.
It was MOT'd last Thurs, 4 miles ago, failed on stop light switch,(failed between house & MOT station???), sorted by me at MOT station, now passed!
Had a Ducati Steel clutch basket fitted in last 8 miles and was serviced with belts changed last year when I bought it from Carl Harrison Motorcycles. I will probably let the Abba stand and the beast of a steel clutch tool go with it.

I would be grateful if maybe someone could give me an idea what I should ask should I decide to sell, which is looking increasingly likely I will, if I do I will write up a proper advert. Please excuse the mess in the garage , my daughter is getting a new kitchen, guess where all her stuff is!!!!!

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

1965 BSA Lightning Clubman
1958 Wife
2000 M900Sie

Last edited by rbt1548; 10-08-2020 at 06:42 PM..
rbt1548 is offline   Reply With Quote