UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » My M750 Rebuild

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2015, 05:14 PM   #1
Taff666

My M750 Rebuild

OK Guys'n'gals

This is my 1997 M750. I've had it since 2005 and have decided to perform a bit of surgery on it in attempt to make it fit me a bit better. I'm 6'3" and have been told that I "look like a gorilla riding a moped" on it.

I have been studying some of the Monster forums and custom bike sites for a while and have noticed that everyone is making cafe racers out these so I'm going to try and build a Scrambler out of it to take on the new Ducati Scrambler.

I started this about 4 years ago but various things (job, wife, job, other bikes, job etc etc) have kept me off this project since then. Now my mates are taking the ****, so I foolishly gobbed off that it would be finished and rideable by the spring (of this year!!)

I have limited mechanical abilities so anything I can't do (frame chop, exhaust fabrication) will have to be paid for and done by people who are not so cack handed as me!!

I am sure I will bore you all asking lots of stoopid questions, a lot of which will be along the lines of "Where does this bit go?"

This is where I was at when my mates started on me. I've stripped off most of the awful wiring, cut back the footrest hangers (it's going to be single seat) and had them, both wheels and rear brake-steady powder coated. I sprayed the fork leg bottoms and refurbed both calipers. Next move was to re-locate the fuse box from under the seat to where the air box was (Air box binned)

I told you I had limited mechanical abilities, fuse box holder rough as f**k, but will be hidden (and smoothed and painted)

Next I made up some intakes from rubber pipe and alloy tube (and the ever present jubilee clips)

Will post this now in case I am breaching any upload limits

To be continued...........
(some time!)