UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » M1100s in Oxfordshire(?) - Hi!

Old 03-02-2011, 05:20 PM   #16
1100steve

Thanks for the welcome!!

Great looking bike Albie, seeing pic's of your's and the SC project 1100 pretty much convinced me to go for it. The Buell is all black so it's going to be a bit odd riding around on a bright red machine, I shall probably darken the Monster as and when I can afford some panels to play with and gloss black the wheels when the tyres need changing - maybe....where did your carbon tank covers come from if you don't mind?
Old 03-02-2011, 05:29 PM   #17
1100steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P View Post
Wow, they're great photo's Albie, who took those ???

Welcome to the club Steve and I hope you love it as much as all the other owners out there.
Plenty of opportunities for you to meet other owners through the club if that's something you are interested in. The club Monster Trackday at Mallory Park on Friday July 1st is a great way to do that.
Trackday
http://ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=39813
I have only been riding since 2008 and have been meaning to do a trackday ever since. I haven't yet because a.) The exhaust on the Buell was too loud to pass scruiteneering at most race circuits b.) The only mate I know I could go with is a mentalist with a dedicated track day weapon etc etc and wasn't keen jumping in quite so deep!!

The club monster track day sounds like an ideal introduction so shall have to try and make it, the 1100s should be well run in by then - although I like your style J.P
Old 03-02-2011, 05:31 PM   #18
1100steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char View Post
Take it for a spin on Sunday to the Hampshire (but in Wiltshire) meet

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=39684

I would love to but I don't pick it up untill March 1st, shall keep an eye out for future meets though - cheers!