UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » what to buy

Old 23-03-2008, 10:45 PM   #1
66sean

what to buy

Hi think I fancy buying a monster got a budget of £1800 max what will I get ? also does the year 2000 750 monster have inj or carb and do they have a rev counter ? also does this model have a gold frame only ? sorry for the questions whats best to go for / avoid. cheers
Old 25-03-2008, 01:06 PM   #2
AlexG

Hi Sean. I'm also in the market for a monster and have been doing some of my own research.

Ride magazine did a good piece about Ducati monsters and all the different models last month which has helped me as well as the people on this site.

The RIDE article said the M750 was carbed until it got fuel injection in 2002 and became the 750ie. Also says that the original model had a gold frame but I would imagine they were available later with different colour frames?

Not sure about the rev counter but I know the earlier monsters didn't have them so perhaps it won't.

Good luck with your search for a bike, I've been out on my Triumph Daytona today and it was bloody freezing!
Old 25-03-2008, 03:42 PM   #3
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
You can get a great M750 for that money and they are fantastic bikes... i doudbt i would ever sell mine .... carbed models rarely have rev counters but u never miss it.
Old 25-03-2008, 03:55 PM   #4
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
My IE does have a rev counter , which doesn't work . I don't miss it at all, the motor always asks nicely when it wants you to change up or down and hey its something less to have to distract you from riding
Old 26-03-2008, 08:26 PM   #5
66sean

Thanks for the replys. Ive always had inline fours so a vee twin is going to be new to me. just fancy something different for a change dont want a plastic sports bike kinda looking for a " proper motorcycle" what sounds good and you can see the mechanicals. Will be keeping an eye out for a sound bike at the right money.
Cheers.
Old 26-03-2008, 10:10 PM   #6
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Check out for sale section on here & ebay

£1800 is a tight budget but can still net you a nice bike. Especially as the weather is still crappy - give it a few weeks & prices will start to rise with demand. Don't discount the M620 or M800 monsters as these can be a good buy if you shop around.

Here's 1 spotted on Biketrader

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...0&max_mileage=

and a couple on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2002-02-Ducati...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1997-DUCATI-90...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 29-03-2008, 07:28 PM   #7
Blah blah
Upsetting normal people..

Bike: S2r
Nowt wrong with carbed 750s, and £1800 should get you a cracking one. Blue ones are faster bytheway.

Age isn't as important as condition, but make sure the belts have been done, or allow some cash to get them done.