UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » SE London tea hut

Old 07-04-2014, 10:09 PM   #1
fastfreddie999

SE London tea hut

Hi team. Just picked up a 2011 Monster 1100 Evo for peanuts from a friend emigrating to the USA. Already got a 1200 Adventure, and wondered where the front of the Ducati had gone when I first got on it!! Really enjoying the difference between the bikes though. The Ducati is a superb machine (once I changed the front tyre which had been ridden under-inflated then pumped up!). Still got a small problem with a binding rear brake when hot, but will sort that in due course. Looking forward to reading/learning all about the bikes on here. As the title says, I am in SE London with a great Tea Hut nearby (Blackheath) if anyone comes near.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:22 PM   #2
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfreddie999 View Post
Hi team. Just picked up a 2011 Monster 1100 Evo for peanuts from a friend emigrating to the USA. Already got a 1200 Adventure, and wondered where the front of the Ducati had gone when I first got on it!! Really enjoying the difference between the bikes though. The Ducati is a superb machine (once I changed the front tyre which had been ridden under-inflated then pumped up!). Still got a small problem with a binding rear brake when hot, but will sort that in due course. Looking forward to reading/learning all about the bikes on here. As the title says, I am in SE London with a great Tea Hut nearby (Blackheath) if anyone comes near.
Hi and welcome,

I'm just down the road and there's a few of us quite near. We should do more meets at the tea hut actually. There's also a little cafe in the Park up near the statue that would be a great place for a meet up one day.

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:59 PM   #3
Flip

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfreddie999 View Post
Still got a small problem with a binding rear brake when hot, but will sort that in due course.
Check the free play in the pedal when it's cold as if there's too little or none it'll cause the brake to bind when it gets hot- failing that bleed it, it may be water ingress in the fluid.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:23 AM   #4
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Welcome to the club. I'm not too far away from there either and if you want to get our of London the KENT section is pretty active. Easy to ride out from where you are.
The Kent section meets every 2nd Sunday of the month for Breakfast at Mikey's diner on the A229 between the M2 and M20 at 10.00am (which is this coming Sunday) if you fancied coming along. Bike, car, truck we don't mind how you get there.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:59 PM   #5
solomoto

Hi There

I came from a 1200gs and know just what you mean, Jag silver lady was how I felt returning from the dealer. Like the Adventure ride it for 5mins and you hate it, 5 hours and you love it.

Ian
Old 09-04-2014, 04:01 AM   #6
Wasta

I used to stop at the tea hut when I worked on the Blackwall tunnel in '07. I'm sure you enjoyed the closures and contra-flows all through that hot summer.

Welcome to the site and enjoy the bike.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:42 PM   #7
fastfreddie999

SE London Tea Hut

Thanks for making me feel welcome - and it looks like the tea hut (one side of Greenwich park wall or t'other) may be a nice sunshine stop to get me away from mowing the lawn. Unfortunately I can't physically get out this weekend - thirty thousand people in Rhino outfits and too short shorts are gonna block my road again (living pretty much on the start line); but on the plus side if anyone wants a sweaty, second hand track-suit top or two then I'm your dealer!
Old 10-04-2014, 06:46 PM   #8
pompone
MaleDucati

Tea hut=monster burger. Dirty you can keep your honest sausage you must be around the corner from mine, I'm kind of at the back of the Esso garage..
Old 10-04-2014, 10:47 PM   #9
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
At least you guys can leave after 9:45. I'm stuck until those dressed as Noddy or a smurf can run to Woolwich and back!

And what's wrong with the hut in the park? Apart from it's probably twice as expensive for a cup of tea!

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote