UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » I want! » 916/996 style break and clutch master

Old 14-06-2018, 06:10 PM   #16
Murray Mint

Bike: M900
Hi Dave G, apart from the surface corrosion they look just the job, I'm sorry I don't know what to offer. I see Jonzi has some Radial masters available, would you be offended if I got some pictures of these, I don't want to take the ****. :-)
Murray Mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2018, 06:11 PM   #17
Murray Mint

Bike: M900
Jonzi, I have sent PM
Murray Mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2018, 06:21 PM   #18
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
Interesting this one, believe me I'm not trying to be rude, awkward, or anything like it, my musings are a genuine interest.

I actually prefer the 'Coffin' originals, and their clean uncluttered simple look.
But I can fully understand that many will prefer the look of the later separate reservoir jobbies, and how they can be perceived as more modern and 'trick'.
I'd probably want to use them on a project if they went with the theme of the bike.

However I note you've referred to them as an "upgrade".
Is that just to the look, in your opinion, or do they represent an actual upgrade in braking performance?

Nasher
The only performance upgrade I can think of with a remote reservoir is that heat is not transferred from the fluid back into the reservoir and the fluid is kept more level when fitted to dropped bars. The Goldlines may be manufacured to a higher spec/tolerance but I don't know for sure. Also as you found also the coffin type can't be fitted easily to some bars without spacers

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2018, 07:25 PM   #19
Dave G
Imagineer

Bike: S2r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray Mint View Post
Hi Dave G, apart from the surface corrosion they look just the job, I'm sorry I don't know what to offer. I see Jonzi has some Radial masters available, would you be offended if I got some pictures of these, I don't want to take the ****. :-)

Not at all, it’s always worth looking at options.

I’ve had these for well over ten years and they have sat on the garage shelf since then, I think the masters themselves seem ok it’s mainly the grotty reservoirs that let them down, most of it can be cleaned off I think.
I had planned to put these on my monster when I fitted the clip ons, but then I bought a sportclassic and it occurred to me the the coffins were actually a more elegant solution and have kept those fitted ever since.
Now I’ve bought yet another bike I realise that many of the bits I’ve acquired over the years will never now get used so I’m less attached to them as I once was.
Old 14-06-2018, 07:28 PM   #20
Dave G
Imagineer

Bike: S2r
.... and you don’t necessarily need spacers to fit coffins to clip ons, I’ve got mine fitted without, though admittedly spacers would give you a better range of fitting options.
Old 14-06-2018, 07:50 PM   #21
Miky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray Mint View Post
Hi Miky, no my dog is called Merlin, a Golden doodle.
Fair one. I used to know a Murray that had a Vizsla called hamlet.

Tags
break, clutch, master