UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Spotted » Brands Hatch - Thundersport 30th August

Old 30-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #1
StuartJames

Brands Hatch - Thundersport 30th August

Of all the bikes there, this one caught my eye.
Even has UKMOC on the side of the side
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ducati Trike.jpg (32.1 KB, 56 views)
Old 30-08-2009, 05:18 PM   #2
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
thats Gary T. He lives down the road near dartford. Probably a siver s2r1000 nearby of Shuffys
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2009, 11:53 PM   #3
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
thats Gary T. He lives down the road near dartford. Probably a siver s2r1000 nearby of Shuffys
Shuffy was there but not on S2R1000. He's got clutch problems that he's trying to fix before we go to Belgium. He needs a clutch holding tool ASAP if someones got one he can borrow?
Old 31-08-2009, 10:37 AM   #4
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Kato has one and lent to Bluprintz. Ask him first if not what about steve randall or pop down to ducati proteam in strood. Or make one out of old clutch plates
Old 31-08-2009, 02:33 PM   #5
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
I think we kind of sussed it this afternoon. The Pressure plate has some unusual wear/damage on it near the spring seats. We're not sure if it was badly made at factory, or making contact with a part of the clutch when it's running. Anyway we couldn't spot anything obviusly dodgey and the clutch nut was done up ok too. Shuffy's going to test ride it for a few days and see how it goes.

Has anybody got a spare stock pressure plate he can scrounge? I thought I had one but can't find in in the garage - possibly because it's an embarrasing crap heap in need of a good tidy
Old 31-08-2009, 03:30 PM   #6
uksurfer
Its all grey now

Bike: M1200s
i got one in the garage if ur desperate mate
Old 31-08-2009, 05:07 PM   #7
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary tompkins View Post
I think we kind of sussed it this afternoon. The Pressure plate has some unusual wear/damage on it near the spring seats. We're not sure if it was badly made at factory, or making contact with a part of the clutch when it's running. Anyway we couldn't spot anything obviusly dodgey and the clutch nut was done up ok too. Shuffy's going to test ride it for a few days and see how it goes.

Has anybody got a spare stock pressure plate he can scrounge? I thought I had one but can't find in in the garage - possibly because it's an embarrasing crap heap in need of a good tidy
I have got one to borrow if desperate. Oh Scrapps has one too. Will bring it home for you to pick up.
Old 31-08-2009, 06:35 PM   #8
Shuffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary tompkins View Post

Hi guys. Many thanks for the offers of a pressure plate. If anyone has one they'd like to sell me that would be great, as I'd hate to borrow one and it gets damaged. As Gary said, it's a bit odd because we can't see anything that's causing the wear in the spring seats. Just out of interest has anyone else seen any wear like that before? Anyway, I'll give it a good ride this week and check for anything getting worse. And a big thank you to Gary for taking time out today and giving a second opinion. (Your trike's fab mate, a superb bit of kit loved by one and all, (well nearly!))

Anyway, the racing was great yesterday, drama and action galore, just like a good race meeting should be!
Old 30-08-2009, 06:51 PM   #9
BigOz

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I've had a good look at Gary's trike at the Oakdene and it's a top job, no underwear involved.
BigOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2009, 08:04 PM   #10
chris yeatman
I still have the s4r!

Bike: S4r
loving the colour of gt's trike, looks almost the same blue as mine.
Old 30-08-2009, 05:22 PM   #11
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chass View Post
That's pants.
Err NO dont think so. For one thing Gary has one leg. He also rides a sole modified better than most normal able riders. He also built it up with a kit himself in winter in a cold garage. He also has won best bike , best modified bike at UKMOC annual meets year after year since build. It also attracts the most attention wherever its parked and especially at the belgium record breaking attempt.
Old 30-08-2009, 05:32 PM   #12
kneedown

Cool 3 wheels

well said i think it looks cool ;might not be everyones cup of tea but do not put it down
Old 30-08-2009, 06:40 PM   #13
crust
rattles when he walks

The mans entitled to his opinion, like it or not

More importantly, how did CK and AKs boys get on?

crust
crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2009, 07:37 PM   #14
StuartJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by crust View Post
The mans entitled to his opinion, like it or not

More importantly, how did CK and AKs boys get on?

crust
It was great to watch them race,cheering them on from the stands. Sam got pole position which got a lot of attention over the tannoy. The races didn't go too well for either Sam or Clinton, but Clinton finished his race in spectacular style I was sat 50m away from that corner!
Old 30-08-2009, 08:46 PM   #15
Stafford
P3, nice.

Bike: S2r 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartJames View Post
It was great to watch them race,cheering them on from the stands. Sam got pole position which got a lot of attention over the tannoy. The races didn't go too well for either Sam or Clinton, but Clinton finished his race in spectacular style I was sat 50m away from that corner!
Finished in style and and and ??????!!!!!!

The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival.
Stafford is offline   Reply With Quote