UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Capo.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-07-2020, 05:43 PM   #10
Stuart42
Gold Member

Bike: M750
I had so many great times with Stewart. Despite his somewhat terrifying demeanour, to some, he was one of the soundest guys I've had the honour to call a friend.
No matter whether it was a problem with a bike, or life, Stewart was there to help me through it.

I can't remember all the great stories he told, but told him he should've written a book about his life.

Even in the years I've known him he was still adding to these stories.

Those that were there, will remember the look on his face at Milan airport, where the security guard threatened to throw his new sprocket in the rubbish bin before we boarded a flight.

The picture that was posted with him and Alex was the last trip I went on with him to Italy. It turned out that just the two of us went in the end, and I had a ball. We had three sat navs on the go, which he just told me to follow, and each one was telling me something different.

The brand new van we hired came complete with a no smoking sticker, but that had been ignored by the time he'd picked me up at Folkestone, probably before he'd left the yard.

In Switzerland we stopped at a motorway services, where Stewart refused to pay a Euro for a wee, so went in a cup he took from the cafe. It was only as we were setting off he remembered he'd forgot to pay for the diesel, again with me driving.

The greatest honour was when we were with Alex and he let me ride his Monster. I will never forget that just as I was letting the clutch out he told me to watch the front brakes as they were quite sharp. This as I set off with four mad Italians for a ride on local roads.

Fun times indeed.

Stewart, you will be sadly missed, but I'm so pleased that I knew you.

Ciao Capo, Keep 'er lit
Stuart42 is offline   Reply With Quote