UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Bolts and Fasteners - Modern Screws, Dartford

Old 10-07-2010, 11:20 PM   #1
Shuffy

Thumbs up Bolts and Fasteners - Modern Screws, Dartford

If anyone is looking for bolts and fasteners (especially stainless) for your bike, can I recommend Modern Screws of Dartford. I've just got loads of stainless bolts for my new 750ss and I reckon I saved an arm and a leg compared to other suppliers.

They've got an amazing selection of stuff and are really good if you're looking for unusual sizes/threads. They stock a big range of finishes and types and they're also VERY reasonable. They're only down the road from me, but are more than happy to do mail order. It will help if you know the size and type of bolt/fastener you're looking for, but they'll happily match any sample bolts if you're not sure.

It's run by a guy call Pete Osvalds who's really into his bikes. He's also kindly agreed to offer the club 10% discount (minimum order £10) if you mention you're a member of UKMOC.

It's a great shop full of all sorts of useful stuff, so if you're in the area pop in.
(PLEASE NOTE: Not open Saturdays, as it's a trade place).

www.modern-screws.co.uk
Old 11-07-2010, 07:16 PM   #2
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
They are good Chris - I've Been using them for years

Stainless fastners from Modern Screws went on my Kit car, and several bike builds including trike.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:22 AM   #3
alan c
alan (blockhead) c

Bike: M1100
i like modern screws as well. need to get some bolts to fit into mirror brackets after fitting bar end mirrors, will pop in this week
alan c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:59 PM   #4
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan c View Post
i like modern screws as well. need to get some bolts to fit into mirror brackets after fitting bar end mirrors, will pop in this week
Can you not turn the clamps upside down mate

Forgot to say
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:47 PM   #5
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

I think they are part of the lever assemblies - well they are on mine anyway
Old 26-10-2010, 09:14 PM   #6
Redkite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffy View Post
If anyone is looking for bolts and fasteners (especially stainless) for your bike, can I recommend Modern Screws of Dartford. I've just got loads of stainless bolts for my new 750ss and I reckon I saved an arm and a leg compared to other suppliers.

It's a great shop full of all sorts of useful stuff, so if you're in the area pop in.
(PLEASE NOTE: Not open Saturdays, as it's a trade place).

www.modern-screws.co.uk
Thought they were in Bexley....
Old 27-10-2010, 09:18 AM   #7
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Dartford/Bexley borders
Old 27-10-2010, 01:55 PM   #8
scrapps

Good idea to give them a shout Shuffy and great that they are willing to give a club discount.
I am lucky and have a supplier over the road from my works.
Old 27-10-2010, 09:57 PM   #9
BluprintZ

We have a stainless fastener supplier here in Menai Bridge, a lot of boat enthusiasts use them as well.
I replaced all of the crappy allen bolts on the M900 when i re-built it from them, like a child in a sweet shop, so i was!

G ; )
Old 02-11-2010, 10:17 PM   #10
Shuffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluprintZ View Post
We have a stainless fastener supplier here in Menai Bridge, a lot of boat enthusiasts use them as well.
I replaced all of the crappy allen bolts on the M900 when i re-built it from them, like a child in a sweet shop, so i was!

G ; )
Sheer joy I know. I like to think of stainless as the 'carbon fibre' of the 'mature generation' - and don't worry I'm definitely one of them.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:06 AM   #11
popelli

use stigs fasteners myself, excellent range of all the odd ball thread sizes

they do an excellent mail order service and do not screw you on the postage prices