UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hi there!

Old 04-06-2006, 08:31 AM   #16
Tigerlily

Welcome to the club!

I'm sure you won't be disappointed with you Monster when it arrives, shame you can't make the track day but I'm only on t'other side of the hills from you so we'll probably bump into each other at some point.

Enjoy your holidays! Lucky bugger! (I'm not jealous...I'm not jealous...I'm not jealous!)
Old 05-06-2006, 07:08 AM   #17
Lady-Bob

Well I'm impressed! For a newbie not only has he loaded his avatar but he has also managed to load up pictures!

Great start (perhaps this guy can teach us a thing or to about using this website!!! )

Welcome from Kent section
Old 26-06-2006, 04:10 PM   #18
Guzzirider

Well it arrived this afternoon and I have just taken it for a 60 miles ride.
All I can say is WOW! Such sweet steering and awesome brakes. Those radial Brembos are real eye poppers- for normal braking you only need to brush the lever with 2 fingers- you don't even have to pull. I could not believe how quick it stopped.

It loves to lean- obviously I was taking it easy with new tyres but somehow I have nearly removed my chichken strips without even trying.

Keeping the revs down as I am running her in but I can feel the potential.

Only criticisms are the rear brake (lever too low down) and the noise, which will be cured when the Termis arrive. Oh, and that horrible looking cat which I must get rid of too.

All in all a fantastic bike- can't wait to get it run in!

Guy

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/inde...e=post&id=5428
Old 26-06-2006, 04:46 PM   #19
Bodybag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzirider
All in all a fantastic bike- can't wait to get it run in!
Have you booked it in for its first 600 mile service already? Chappers made the mistake of not booking hers straight away and was told she could have to wait up to 6 weeks to get it in. Luckily she managed to get it in earlier through contacts. But in theory, 9 more days and you'll be due yours. Glad you're liking it.

Lucky bu99er!!
Old 26-06-2006, 07:38 PM   #20
Guzzirider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybag
Have you booked it in for its first 600 mile service already? Chappers made the mistake of not booking hers straight away and was told she could have to wait up to 6 weeks to get it in. Luckily she managed to get it in earlier through contacts. But in theory, 9 more days and you'll be due yours. Glad you're liking it.

Lucky bu99er!!
I am off abroad for 3 weeks on Saturday so I won't get to finish running it for some time now. Ducati Leeds said their workshop is not too busy as long as I don't want it done within a week so I will book it in upon my return.

Just did another 30 miles this evening and got it wet for the first time- don't have to worry about keeping it clean now!

cheers

Guy