UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hi there!

Old 02-06-2006, 06:41 AM   #1
Guzzirider

Hi there!

I am soon to be the lucky owner of a Monster S4RS in red with the Termignoni kit.

I am 38 and have been riding bikes for 20 years, 18 of them on Italian bikes. This will be my second Ducati- used to own a 900SS for 5 years back in the 90s.

I also love my tractors (Guzzis!) and have a V11 Le Mans Rosso Corsa with high comp Fast By Ferracci pistons, which has covered 16000 miles in 2 years.

Looks like a great forum- I look forward to learning more about the new bike from you knowledgeable folks.

cheers

Guy
Old 02-06-2006, 06:50 AM   #2
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Welcome!

Nice choice of bike and your Guzzi sounds like a nice toy too!

Ped
Old 02-06-2006, 07:09 AM   #3
eonan

Hi there...welcome to the forum
Old 02-06-2006, 07:46 AM   #4
Bodybag

Good morning

and welcome to the club. Lots of knowledge about Monsters on here but don't ask me cos I'm crap!
Old 02-06-2006, 07:54 AM   #5
Gilps

Welcome to the club. I understand that Guzzi thing you've got going on. For many years I hankered after a T3 Le Mans. Enjoy your latest acquisition.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:14 PM   #6
gjfevans

Howdy

Give me a shout if you fancy a ride out sometime we cannot be far away from each other, I am sure you will have heard me already!
Old 02-06-2006, 09:15 PM   #7
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
Wahay! Yet another Yorkshire member! Joining us for the MAD weekend 17/18th June at Squires?
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:32 PM   #8
Guzzirider

Definitely up for a ride out with you guys. I can't make the Squires meeting- am off to Ireland on the V11 on Wednesday, then riding straight to France, Belgium, Holland and the Alps- back on the same day as my new Monster arrives.

Then back at work for just 4 days before I fly to the USA for a three week biking holiday!!

I did not get a chance to have any holidays last year so am making up for it big time.

Give you a shout end of July when I return.

cheers

Guy

P.S. Shame I can't make the track day either!

Last edited by Guzzirider; 02-06-2006 at 09:42 PM..
Old 03-06-2006, 10:48 AM   #9
Yorkie
Anglo-Saxon Warrior

Bike: M900
Cool

Welcome to the club!

Yorkie.
Yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:49 AM   #10
Zimbo
Too much time on my hands member

Hello and welcome! I must admit I quite fance a V11 Rosso Corsa, giz a go mister
Zimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:50 AM   #11
bobob

Loving that guzzi, one of mums boyfriends when I was a wee lad had a guzzi and I thought it was the ferrari of motorcycles back then

Welcome aboard matey!
Old 03-06-2006, 12:30 PM   #12
Guzzirider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbo
Hello and welcome! I must admit I quite fance a V11 Rosso Corsa, giz a go mister

Its a good bike the V11. Mine has full Ohlins, and with the new FBF pistons chucks out 74 ft lbs of torque at the back wheel on the dyno, which is more than an Aprilia Mille or standard 999. Only about 80 bhp at the rear wheel but I have just bought some oversize Fast By Ferraci valves and plan to get them fitted and get the heads flowed over winter to get a bit more top end to match the chunky midrange.

So far in the first two years of its life, it has been to 12 different countries, been ridden in a hillclimb, 2 trackdays, drag racing and a twisty sprint. Its very heavy but very good fun and easy to work on.

My girlfriend Helen also has her own V11 and I am adding her onto the insurance for the Monster.

I will never sell the Guzzi but am really looking forward to the S4RS.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Guy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo-1029.jpg (10.1 KB, 44 views)
Old 03-06-2006, 02:18 PM   #13
Pugi

Sounds like a nice garage you have. Welcome!
Old 03-06-2006, 02:36 PM   #14
Zimbo
Too much time on my hands member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzirider
Its a good bike the V11. Mine has full Ohlins, and with the new FBF pistons chucks out 74 ft lbs of torque at the back wheel on the dyno, which is more than an Aprilia Mille or standard 999. Only about 80 bhp at the rear wheel but I have just bought some oversize Fast By Ferraci valves and plan to get them fitted and get the heads flowed over winter to get a bit more top end to match the chunky midrange.

So far in the first two years of its life, it has been to 12 different countries, been ridden in a hillclimb, 2 trackdays, drag racing and a twisty sprint. Its very heavy but very good fun and easy to work on.

My girlfriend Helen also has her own V11 and I am adding her onto the insurance for the Monster.

I will never sell the Guzzi but am really looking forward to the S4RS.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Guy
I've been wondering how they would cope with trackdays! My monster is 84bhp and 69 foot pounds torque at the back wheel, so it probably wouldn't feel that different in the power stakes, but I love the look of them and that ohlins suspension and brembo brakes should mean you're able to surprise a few jap sportsbikes on track - which is something I love doing on the monster!!!
Zimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:42 PM   #15
Guzzirider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbo
I've been wondering how they would cope with trackdays! My monster is 84bhp and 69 foot pounds torque at the back wheel, so it probably wouldn't feel that different in the power stakes, but I love the look of them and that ohlins suspension and brembo brakes should mean you're able to surprise a few jap sportsbikes on track - which is something I love doing on the monster!!!
Yes they don't like it when a fat bloke on a dirty heavy slow Guzzi with luggage frames outbrakes their Jap missile with race tyres and bodywork!

Your Duke engine will feel zippier for sure, and your bike much more agile but maybe not packing quite the same solid midrange punch.

Its bloody hard work hauling the Guzzi around the track but still a lot of fun. I think the Monster will make a better track tool though.

Guy