UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » hello folks

Old 31-05-2006, 12:16 PM   #1
conner

hello folks

hiya all, i have been browsing this forum for quite some time in my search for a monster when it occured to me that i might be better registering and putting out word. just getting my uk licence now and got my heart set on a monster upwards of 800cc. something clean and tidy, dont mind the trimmings at this stage. any body out there willing to part with theirs...?
Old 31-05-2006, 12:22 PM   #2
lord vader

Hiya conner, welcome.
Jump to the for sale thread and you will find a few indiots who think its a good idea to part with their Monsters
Welcome to the site and what ever monster you get remember the only colour to choose is NO Colour.

Vader
Old 31-05-2006, 01:08 PM   #3
hammy

Hello Conner

Don't think you're getting your hands on mine, but you've made one hell of a choice! Like Lord Vader says, there's plenty of muppets out there willing to sell!

Good Luck
Hammy
Old 31-05-2006, 01:58 PM   #4
Pugi

Hi conner and welcome.
Many for sale as mentioned, but the prices seem too high at some places. Must be spring. Look carefuly before parting with your hard earned.

Last edited by Pugi; 01-06-2006 at 01:49 PM..
Old 31-05-2006, 02:44 PM   #5
Kato
Dismantled

Bike: Multiple Monsters
"Oh boy" have you chosen a bad time of year to try and buy any bike forget a monnie........
Kato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 12:39 PM   #6
conner

yeah i know it but i guess when you gotta do it when you make your mind up. there's a nice looking 900 on ebay at the mo with about 8500 miles, any ideas as to how much i should spend. vader will be happy. its black
Old 01-06-2006, 12:45 PM   #7
nik_the_brief

Hi mate - check out Bobob's thread "What to buy".

There's a link to a very nice M900 which is in the for sale thread in my post. Before you ask I'm not getting or even looking for any commission from Woody. It's the proper Ducati colour too!!
Old 01-06-2006, 01:11 PM   #8
conner

yeah i had a look at it. how do they go when they have that many miles on the clock. also i heard in 2001 they fuel injected the monster giving it quite the edge over the older ones.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:23 PM   #9
lord vader

Whats yer bugdet?
you could pick up scrappy tat for under a grand if you look all the way up to the blingiest spankyest metal on the block.
As a guide my 2001 M750 Dark with a few Mods and only 7K on the clock is worth roughly £2500, + the £300 dark surcharge for being the best Colour choice by far.
if you could go to £3000 you could get some very nice used metal indeed, £3500 and your into dealer teritory with the added bonus of warranty etc.

Whats that coming over the hill?
Is it a Monster?
Is it a MONSTEEEEEEERRRR?????
Old 01-06-2006, 01:47 PM   #10
Chaos Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord vader
Whats yer bugdet?
you could pick up scrappy tat for under a grand if you look all the way up to the blingiest spankyest metal on the block.
As a guide my 2001 M750 Dark with a few Mods and only 7K on the clock is worth roughly £2500, + the £300 dark surcharge for being the best Colour choice by far.
if you could go to £3000 you could get some very nice used metal indeed, £3500 and your into dealer teritory with the added bonus of warranty etc.

Is it a Monster?
yep welcome and I agree you could pay a bit more for a coloured version. This is a surcharge added as punishment for not choosing the only colour, the Dark
Old 01-06-2006, 01:51 PM   #11
Pugi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord vader
Is it a Monster?
I thought your anthem was 'Fear of the Dark'?
Old 01-06-2006, 02:34 PM   #12
Bodybag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Inc.
yep welcome and I agree you could pay a bit more for a coloured version. This is a surcharge added as punishment for not choosing the only colour, the Dark
I think you'll find you pay more for colour models because they don't come with bargain basement bits.

Fight fight fight fight fight!

Last edited by Bodybag; 01-06-2006 at 04:10 PM.. Reason: Can't spell for **** today!!
Old 01-06-2006, 03:51 PM   #13
Chaos Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugi
I thought your anthem was 'Fear of the Dark'?
You put one preposition too many in that statement.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:22 PM   #14
conner

yep looking at going up to around 3k. have seen some nice bikes, s4s and a couple of ies go for about 3100-3200. cant be far off before all i need is some sunshine... you guys get any in this country or is my monster just going to be an expensive ornament?
Old 01-06-2006, 04:42 PM   #15
lord vader

But a thing of beauty!