UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Another one from Norfolk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-05-2017, 08:35 PM   #1
goodeye

Another one from Norfolk

Hi, i wanted to create a new thread as i kinda hijacked someone else’s, (sorry about that)!
so i have had a Yamaha FZ6 for the last 4 years which has been great but was staring to find it a little boring. its been bullet proof, barely cost me anything in services and has done everything ive ever asked of it. The time came for a change and had lots of ideas about the next bike. I toyed with the idea of a 1250 bandit, and a speed triple but was put off by the weight of the bandit and the price of the triumph. My wife is a big fan of the monster and said I should do test ride one, well I was hooked from then! The only thing was the concern about reliability, and the service cost.

Anyway the hunt was on and I found what I thought was a good deal from a fellow forum member. Last weekend I went down to take a look at the bike and it was good and decided to buy it. A 59 plate 696 with 6000 miles on the clock, belly pan, R&G bungs, and a set of carbon Termi pipes!

Rode the bike home (200 or so miles) and it was great, still got to get to grips with the twin and it being very different to my old FZ6 but really enjoyed the ride. I was a little apprehensive about the little bike doing 200 motorway miles but it cruised and ‘motorway speeds’ just fine.

Only thing I think it needs is a good clean and a service – yep belts need doing

I was going to ask – how does everyone else keep the engine clean? Ive noticed there is already some corrosion on the cases and the fins which I would like to stop or limit getting any worse. Any tips or advice? Also I was wondering where people get their bikes serviced?