UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » Wiltshire » Italian Auto Moto Festival 26/4

Old 22-01-2008, 06:50 AM   #31
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Spare room sought for one night.....
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 08:34 AM   #32
sadbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORTUGA View Post
I had to wait for the people that I was riding in with last year I wanted to be there first but ended up last As I now live in Portishead, I think I have a strong chance of being first
Hmmmm. Sounds like a few changes been happening since we last met. I will have to try to make it to one of the meets again.

Why don't we all just meet at you new gaff sure 100+ italian bike will help introduce you to the neighbour hood.....
Old 22-01-2008, 08:41 AM   #33
TORTUGA

Well I brought the bike over to the new house just before Christmas, my next door neighbour was out having a good look. Sharon said "I hope they dont mind the noise of it when you go out on it"
Well he couldn't mind too much because last week a Riders van pulls up outside my house (I got excited and thought that Sharon had bought me a suprise) and it rolled out a Red Ducati Monster, which then took up residence with my nextdoor neighbour. So my street is now 2 Ducati's
Old 22-01-2008, 09:05 AM   #34
Gilps

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK & AK View Post
Spare room sought for one night.....
I might be able to help. Paul AKA Bigredduke has already blagged one bed and I do have another. Are you thinking of just the Friday night, as the Saturday could be a little tricky. I live about 50 minutes from the meeting point so am planning on riding down on the Saturday morning. It's looking like it's not going to clash with DD so I'm fairly certain I'll be going.
Old 22-01-2008, 10:21 AM   #35
sadbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORTUGA View Post
Well I brought the bike over to the new house just before Christmas, my next door neighbour was out having a good look. Sharon said "I hope they dont mind the noise of it when you go out on it"
Well he couldn't mind too much because last week a Riders van pulls up outside my house (I got excited and thought that Sharon had bought me a suprise) and it rolled out a Red Ducati Monster, which then took up residence with my nextdoor neighbour. So my street is now 2 Ducati's
No issues then, cups of tea and coffee at yours and the neigbours.....
Old 22-01-2008, 02:52 PM   #36
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilps View Post
I might be able to help. Paul AKA Bigredduke has already blagged one bed and I do have another. Are you thinking of just the Friday night, as the Saturday could be a little tricky. I live about 50 minutes from the meeting point so am planning on riding down on the Saturday morning. It's looking like it's not going to clash with DD so I'm fairly certain I'll be going.
Cheers Gilps, but I've just been offered accom only 3 miles from the meet point only prob is the PM system seems to not be working at the moment for me to respond (I can type reply, but am getting database eror when I hit send)

So, barring 'happenings' we will deffo be coming down on the fri after work, home again Sat night

C
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2008, 06:25 PM   #37
Stafford
P3, nice.

Bike: S2r 1000
If you're going to attend, please take a moment to vote in Tortuga's poll if you're able to on the Ducatisti site.

http://www.ducatisti.co.uk/forum/mee...04-2008-a.html

Cheers

The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival.
Stafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2008, 07:26 PM   #38
Duncan

Right an update.

The car side is arranged by a guy from the Alfa Romeo Owners called Paul Hanmore and if you are bringing a Italian Car then you need to get a pass asap.

Bikes are being arranged by me and the local members of the UKMOC, DSC and DOCGB all under the banner of Ducati Desmo Owners Clubs. Rich 'Tortuga' will be leadfing the ride in from Gordano services, be there by 9am.

Once again Riders Bristol have committed to a loan of their mobile display trailer and thats going to be in the same place as before. We will have additional space this year to accomodate the expected numbers.
The Guzzi Club and the DSC will be bringing stands along. I will have enough to do but if anyone wants to run a UKMOC stand then step forward.

Upon arrival we will try to keep various marques of machine together but with 150 bikes on the ride in all arriving in 5 minutes, no pre entries and no idea whats coming on the day, its impossible to allocate anything more than a general area for people.
The whole atmosphere is a laid back one and doing it this way means we can keep the show free of charge for everyone with the minimum of admin. All of the risk assesment for the council etc is done by us but whilst we try to keep the bikes secure, it is a very busy public street so park sensibly, maintain walkways, fire engine access etc as instructed by the marshalls.

I have been promised some race bikes including several Verlicchi framed TT2's and am trying to put a roped off paddock area together. Anyone who wants to bring race bikes, let me know early and arrive by 9am. There is parking for trailers at the end of the street but you will need a pass so contact me by PM on here.
Old 30-01-2008, 07:38 PM   #39
Gilps

Bummer - just got the finalised DD dates through and they are rather different to the preveiously published dates. This now clashes with Pembrey so I'm afraid I cannot make it. I was really looking forward to it too.
Have fun.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:19 PM   #40
cinders

Might be worth visiting I take it is the main streets in Bristol?

Cinders
Old 08-04-2008, 08:53 PM   #41
Stafford
P3, nice.

Bike: S2r 1000
Meet up at Gordano Services around 9.00 then a mass ride into Bristol city centre at 9.30 then park up in Corn Street and enjoy all the Italian exotica on view.

The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival.
Stafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:44 PM   #42
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Still got some doss space in the forest if anyones in need
Old 09-04-2008, 08:47 PM   #43
Duncan

For anyone wondering where this is in Bristol, its on Clare St which is just off the City Centre and Baldwin Street. Anyone who has done bristol Bike show know the area, we are just along the street from St Nicholas market and Corn St.

There will be some special guests though I cant say any more than that until you get there, but they are famous people....
It is now the biggest Italian vehicle show in the UK and possibly the biggest outside Italy. Its the biggest collection of Italian bikes in the UK also.

If you got a non Italian bike there is bike parking on surrounding streets.

Italian bikes dont have to pre enter we have room for all of you, but please note if you are bringing an Italian car and its not entered, you wont get in. All car spaces are allocated and theres no more room and you will have to use public car parks.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:55 PM   #44
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
Anyone offering accommodation for a poor northern lad? It's too far to ride so It would involve a car & trailer as well.
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:47 PM   #45
JR

Bigredduke - I am not sure yet if my spare room is booked up (women!!!!!), but if you a prepared to kip on my lounge floor, or even the dinning room next to the Honda, you are welcome, also large secluded lawn if you prefer to pitch a tent. Off road space for a car and trailer not a problem. Located NW of Bristol about 14 miles from the city centre with easy access to the M5 motorway.