UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Bike Reviews :. » Bike Reviews » M1100 » Almost 5 years

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-05-2014, 07:28 PM   #1
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Almost 5 years

Well in 2 weeks time its 5 years of ownership for me and my Monster 1100s and in that time I have loved every minute of it. Its become my best monster of the 3 I have owned in 11 years.
The only downside for me has been the lacking in mileage I have done on this one due to having health problems noticeable over the last 4 years but it hasn't and won't stop me keeping it and changing it again.
The weekender this year got me thinking I don't treat her enough and I missed out on an award by 1 vote and to me that's bad so more effort needed then. I listen and look and try to be different so tonight literally the covers came off and carbon back on while I choose a new look.

The decals are now removed so no turning back and in the 4 years I had these done the red wasn't really red enough and I have forever been disappointed with it.

I may get them done Ducati red over the coloured parts but my want is aluminium painted or a vinyl wrap like the Race Norton's I was inspired by at last years TT.

The front fairing aluminium with a hand made by me aluminium screen and some hand made tank air ducts made by me would be painted red too or powdercoated

The rear cowel would have some washed out Italian flags either side

I hope many more years of loving this bike and for all the knockers of the modern ones well I am sorry its been brilliant...

Never to be seen like this again

Albie is offline   Reply With Quote