UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Cans, Tyres, Brakes, etc. » Metzeler racetec m9rr

Old 30-10-2022, 09:19 PM   #1
Bitza
Bronze Member

Bike: M900ie
Metzeler racetec m9rr

Hi all, anyone out there use Metzeler racetec m9rr, if so how do you rate them?
Old 31-10-2022, 05:52 AM   #2
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
I personally wouldn't use a race or sports type tyre as I ride all year round in all weathers, I'm on Metzler Roadtec 01 tyres at the moment and they are brilliant. They instantly transformed the Monster when I fitted them. I never seemed to get that "New tyre" feeling when I fitted Pirellis.
Same when I fitted Metzlers to my Bonnie way back, what a transformation from the Avons and Dunlops!
Old 31-10-2022, 10:47 AM   #3
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Another for the Roadtecs for the same reasons given by Mr G. There's more than enough grip for spirited road riding and they're also up to an occasional track day too with the added bonus of a significantly longer life than a dedicated sport tyre.

I'd also add that the ride on the Roadtecs seems smoother than the Pirellis as they have a more compliant construction, I believe.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2022, 02:49 PM   #4
Rrawlings

Bike: M1100evo
I have m9’s on my Evo and love the feel. Warm up very quickly and transformed the handling of the bike. Previous own had fitted pilot road 4’s and it was such a sluggish thing to corner on. Previous bike was a Daytona 675 and I ran m7’s on that and they were great. I originally planned to for them to the monster but 9’s were on an offer so cheaper for the newer tyre. Never had a moment in the wet and the back squared slightly on the motorway trip to get to Liverpool for my tt trip but lost that in a day of riding around the island. Tyres are a subjective thing but for me a great tyre if used as a toy not a commuter or a tourer
Rrawlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2022, 08:26 PM   #5
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
I've fitted M9rr to my 12r.
Very impressed. Good grip, wet or dry. They warm up quickly. Excellent feed back no matter the conditions.
I fitted M9's after reading the performance data available on line, plus several magazine tests.
Better than the Dunlops previous fitted for all round Performance.

Have a word with Stinger, Mark works in the tyre industry
Old 02-11-2022, 09:24 AM   #6
Bitza
Bronze Member

Bike: M900ie
Well thanks for the feedback. I've been on Michelin Pilot Power 2ct, which are a summertime tyre for wooses who only go out in perfect conditions (like me), the but of course comes at this time of year when they maybe never get warm and don't inspire confidence. I'm hoping that the Metzeler racetec will be that little bit more suitable at either end of summer. Re size I will probably also reverting to a 170/60 from a 188/55,as previously suggested by MrG.