UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Alternative headlamps...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2018, 09:59 AM   #11
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
I can imagine the thought process that lead to this being invented and produced, but it is kind of re-inventing the wheel.
I like simple and I just think that lights coming on and off whilst cornering would be a distraction for me. I'm looking for a lamp that has a carefully design, giving a good spread of light for all occasions.
It strikes me that the gubbins that makes this work is just something to go wrong when you least need it to.

My wife's Yeti has a feature that turns an extra driving lamp on, on one particular side, when the wheel is turned, supposedly to help you see round a corner better.
She thought that there was something wrong when she first noticed it, thinking that only one of the lamps was working.. intermittently! The feature was pointed out when she mentioned it at the following service.
I find it of very limited advantage and just distracting. Especially as to my mind it would be far better if it was the lamp on the outside of the bend that came on, angled across the car into the bend.

We had fun at work when she was looking for a Yeti.. " Hev she got a Yeti yet?" "No, she hent got a Yeti yet".
Then when it arrived and was Black, we all sang "Whoa Black Yeti. Bamalam."..