UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » My 600

Old 20-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
Mark Shelley

My 600

Now sporting the used carbon cans bought from this parish, plus a baglux tank cover (I have them on all my bikes).
Old 20-08-2013, 06:39 PM   #2
smiffyraf1

your wheels look so clean! jealous! love the gold engine paint too. is it me or are them zorst sat really far back though? is that as far as they will push into to header? the support looks really far forward on it. still think these early 600's are the epitome of an minimal naked bike look great
Old 20-08-2013, 07:04 PM   #3
alreadyinuse

that's not an early 600 smiffy
but I agree with you about the cans it looks strange
Old 20-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #4
Mark Shelley

The cans are definitely on as far as they will go. They slide into the slots on the downpipes fully. No different to these in fact
http://www.fullexhaustshop.com.au/Le...uct--2051.html

I think they look great. I much prefer the low level to the high level cans aesthetically
Old 20-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #5
smiffyraf1

well must be earlish must be a carby as it has the underslung rear brake and the early forks, early suspension hoop and early clocks. know it has the later cases. is it a 98-99? id still class that as an early.
yeah im with you, not really sure of the hi-levels myself, each to their own, is there any scope to chop an inch out of the can slip in pipey bit?

Last edited by smiffyraf1; 20-08-2013 at 08:23 PM..
Old 20-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #6
Wildfire

Looks nice! I think it was 2001 that the rear brake changed over, same for the clocks. Not sure when the hoop went.

I had low level pipes on my M600, sold it and put high levels on the new one. Now I'm undecided!
Old 20-08-2013, 09:00 PM   #7
smiffyraf1

i know that style case came in '98 i thought the clocks and rear brake change was 2000, could be wrong though
Old 20-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #8
Mark Shelley

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiffyraf1 View Post
well must be earlish must be a carby as it has the underslung rear brake and the early forks, early suspension hoop and early clocks. know it has the later cases. is it a 98-99? id still class that as an early.
yeah im with you, not really sure of the hi-levels myself, each to their own, is there any scope to chop an inch out of the can slip in pipey bit?
I see no need to cut anything. They are fine in my eyes.
The bike is a 98 on the V5 and on a 98 plate, however when I bought new belts and got them to check for the correct ones the chap at St Neots MC reckoned it showed up as a 2000 bike.
Old 20-08-2013, 10:47 PM   #9
SteveF

I like the look, got good lines.
Old 21-08-2013, 02:32 AM   #10
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
That looks nice.
So nice in fact that it was only on the second viewing that I noticed the rather nice duckpond in the background.
The can straps do look structurally a little far forward, but if they're solid enough then no problem. Visually they look fine and the longer pipes probably help low speed running a little.
It looks like you have what I would call earlier style wheels, teatray, indicators and seat. I'm guessing the tank is the earlier one to match the seat.
But the engine is the later type with external clutch slave.
Forks to suit double discs too, I notice.
I dunno whether these changes were supposed to happen all at once, but Ducati did apparently have a reputation for mixing things up a bit according to what was on the shelves at the time.
Those stainless headers will polish up nicely, you know.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2013, 05:56 AM   #11
bluestoesonnose

Surprises me how "open" the front end looks without the oil cooler.

True "naked" stripped down bike that
Old 21-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #12
alreadyinuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiffyraf1 View Post
early 600/750 Monsters have the Pantah engine with cast belt covers.
They Also all have Gold forks. Theres more but that's the 2 obvious ones from that picture.
The changes happened same time the Dark came out. Early Darks are bade models no Gold Forks and no paint.
so unless stuffs been changed i'd say that was a Dark.

I'm guessing by early you mean 888 frame with the hoop rather than ST frame
Old 21-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #13
alreadyinuse

Mine built in 97 registered in 98 one of the last of the "early" 600's and M600 iirc later ones at some point are 600M
Old 21-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #14
smiffyraf1

Yeah mines the same as yours gold forks and the old cases, even down to being built in '97 but reg'd in 98. mines a 750 tho. Was talking to utopia the other week and we were talking about my cast belt covers but didnt realise only the earlys had them. Like them side panels on yours, what are they?

Last edited by smiffyraf1; 21-08-2013 at 10:44 AM..