UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » All the different models ... what are they all like?

Old 01-06-2007, 08:49 PM   #16
Bodybag

You'll find the S4, S4R and S4Rs too much hard work if you're just using it round London. It has a heavy clutch, the brakes are vicious and they don't like being stuck in crawling traffic. They need fast and twisty roads to get the most out of them. If you're planning on using it as an all round bike then go for one of those, otherwise I'd say the S2R800. Looks good and its easy to ride with a light clutch and softer (but still very efficient) brakes.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:48 PM   #17
singletrack

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
What you need is an S2R1000 - look here

S2R1000
Old 02-06-2007, 11:04 AM   #18
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
The later injected 900's are a lot smoother than earlier carbed versions. However it still has a heavy dry clutch, and tall gearing which can be a pain in town.

IMO a far better bet is either the 620, 695 or S2R. A good low mileage 620 can be had for £2500, and S2R's for £3500-4000. The 695 has only been out for a year or so, and 2nd hand prices will still be high.

My money is on the S2R and it would be the bike I'd buy if I sold the 900ie.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:49 AM   #19
eonan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbo View Post
If the 900 was your dream bike, why not own the dream?? £2K buys a good one, the only "proper" monster, lumpy sulky and savage, just pure joy to own. I find the injected ones too smooth and characterless, and also too slow plumbed models, not for me thanks!
Yep! Then spend the extra money you save on a set of FCR's, lightened flywheel, 14/41 gearning...then just try wiping that grin off your face